FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Argentina (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/argentina-622/)
-   -   Buenos Aires, Salta & Mendoza Recommendations (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/argentina/1021012-buenos-aires-salta-mendoza-recommendations.html)

thejrock Nov 26, 2009 11:31 am

Buenos Aires, Salta & Mendoza Recommendations

Hey all...

My wife & I are headed to Argentina next month and we looking for "must see, must do & must eat" recommendations in Buenos Aires, Salta & Mendoza. We have three to four nights in each & wanted to make sure we hit up all the great spots. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...
-thejrock

Gaucho100K Nov 27, 2009 3:03 am

must eats in Buenos Aires....
a) Pura Tierra
b) Cafe des Arts - Malba Museum
c) Il Matrello
d) Happening Costanera

davescharf Dec 1, 2009 11:09 am

Originally Posted by thejrock (Post 12884186)
Hey all...

My wife & I are headed to Argentina next month and we looking for "must see, must do & must eat" recommendations in Buenos Aires, Salta & Mendoza. We have three to four nights in each & wanted to make sure we hit up all the great spots. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...
-thejrock

In terms of must eats in Mendoza the first that comes to mind is Cava de Cano. We also really liked Azafran when we went there for our anniversary. If you're in Chacras de Coria during the day I also highly recommend the alfajores at Nuss Bakery (there's on in Mendoza proper as well not too far from the center of town) ^

For must do activities you have to try to get to a soccer game. We had a blast seeing the Mendoza team but try to see one in BA because it will be nuts compared to what we saw.

Then there is always the wineries in Mendoza as well but those are talked about at length in the Mendoza thread

Gaucho100K Dec 6, 2009 10:27 am

In Mendoza... for eats I would say my list is...

Malmann 1884
Almacen del Sur
O Fournier (the winery)
Andeluna (the winery)
La Posada del Jamon

globetrots Dec 6, 2009 10:25 pm

For Salta I would say...get out of Salta! That's not a slam necessarily as it's a nice place to spend a day, but it's SO much nicer in Cafayate and the surrounding countryside in between.

Gaucho100K Dec 7, 2009 6:45 pm

Top bodegas to visit in Salta...

Colome
Tacuil - Raul Davalos
Domingo Molina
Yacochuya (but hard to get an appointment)
Humanao (ditto Yacochuya)

davescharf Dec 7, 2009 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K (Post 12935722)
In Mendoza... for eats I would say my list is...

Malmann 1884
Almacen del Sur
O Fournier (the winery)
Andeluna (the winery)
La Posada del Jamon

I didn't include Urban (O Fournier's restaurant) since it is in the Uco Valley but we had lunch there and it was fabulous. Now if I could just find some of their wine here in Minnesota since it's one of the only Bodegas we didn't buy a bottle or two from.

Gaucho100K Dec 8, 2009 6:46 am

Dave... pm me on the Fournier wines...