Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Estancias in Misiones (near Iguazu)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2009, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Estancias in Misiones (near Iguazu)

Has anybody stayed at an estancia in Misiones/Posadas? I have been researching Santa Cecilia and Santa Ines and both seem like decent options, if a bit expensive for the area. They seem more authentic than others that are a day trip from Buenos Aires.

If you have any experience at one of these (or any other recommended estancias) it would be much appreciated!
Old Nov 5, 2009, 3:37 pm
Suspended

Smile

It's not really a matter of authenticity, it's more a question of scenery... obviously there's a big difference! Santa Susana which is just 40 minutes from Buenos Aires is great and it wont be as expensive as the ones you've been looking at in Iguazu.

Hope that helps!
Old Nov 5, 2009, 5:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by messifan
It's not really a matter of authenticity, it's more a question of scenery... obviously there's a big difference! Santa Susana which is just 40 minutes from Buenos Aires is great and it wont be as expensive as the ones you've been looking at in Iguazu.

Hope that helps!
You never miss a opportunity to recommend that place, are you on commission? I feel as if I know it well yet I've never been there.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 5:17 pm

Programs: UAL Gold DL Silver Hilton GoldMarriott Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
You never miss a opportunity to recommend that place, are you on commission? I feel as if I know it well yet I've never been there.
Exactly Hiddy, seems a bit strange that when the OP asks about an estancia stay in Missones near Iguazu that one in Prov. Buenos Aires is recommended and it does not even seem to accept overnight guests. According to their web site there is no mention of overnight accommodations. Appears to be one of those "lovely" ones where the tourists are bused in for the day for that "authentic" gaucho experience.

Oh well this link on Welcome Argentina details estancias in that area and might be of help
http://www.welcomeargentina.com/esta...itoral1_i.html

Sam
Old Nov 8, 2009, 6:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by samftla
Exactly Hiddy, seems a bit strange that when the OP asks about an estancia stay in Missones near Iguazu that one in Prov. Buenos Aires is recommended and it does not even seem to accept overnight guests. According to their web site there is no mention of overnight accommodations. Appears to be one of those "lovely" ones where the tourists are bused in for the day for that "authentic" gaucho experience.
I thought it strange as well come to think about it......according to some reviews I read Santa Susana isn't all it's cracked up to be anyway......I smell a rat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.