Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Looking for BA Hotel recommendations for San Isidro/Martinez area

Old Oct 11, 09, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis First

Hi I am looking for recommendations for Buenos Aires hotels in the San Isidro / Martinez / Acassuso area. We are hoping to explore a little around these neighborhoods and would like to hear from others who have experience with hotel stays or suggested websites for reviews.

Last edited by ginsena; Oct 11, 09 at 4:40 pm
Old Oct 12, 09, 3:46 am

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by ginsena View Post
Hi I am looking for recommendations for Buenos Aires hotels in the San Isidro / Martinez / Acassuso area. We are hoping to explore a little around these neighborhoods and would like to hear from others who have experience with hotel stays or suggested websites for reviews.
These neighborhoods are very residential and I don´t think you´re going to find many options there. I don´t know which are your plans exactly but you can stay at the Sheraton in Retiro and there take the train (takes about 30 min to get from Retiro to Martinez) which is clean and safe.

Edited to add:
This one looks good in San Isidro. Excelent location:
http://www.hoteldelcasco.com/

Last edited by heramato; Oct 12, 09 at 3:51 am
Old Oct 13, 09, 6:51 pm
Suspended

Hello,

Heramato is right, its not that easy to find somewhere to stay in those areas as theyre very suburban and residential. Why do you want to stay around there? You might be better staying in one of the more "usual" tourist districts such as Palermo, Recoleta, Barrio Norte, San Telmo, Puerto Madero, Downtown and then you can easily take a bus out to San Isidro for the day! Besides the cathedral and the market at the weekends, there isnt much else to do there. If its nature you're looking for you could also take a tour of Tigre, lots of people do this and it makes a really nice break from the city. Tigre is an ecological reserve just beyond San Isidro where you can go boating on the series of islands in the delta, go horse riding, biking, bird watching, walking and any other relaxing activity you can think of.

Hope that helps and let me know if you need any more info!

Search this Thread