Wiki Posts
Search

My friend just did.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2004, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
My friend just did.

My friend got back in feb. from a month long trip on a soviet ice breaker to the south pole. A cool 30K each for the trip. seas so rough the beds had seat belts installed and boy did they have to use them. Days and days of the ship rolling violently from side to side. Helicoptered onto the ice each day when they finally got there.They set off from Tazmania i think. Sounded amazing yet unbearable at the same time.Seems the guy who paid his way into space a year or so back was also on board (in the only suite on the ship of coarse!) You could not pay me enough to get me on a boat in those kind of conditions, now flying... well that's a whole different thing!
Old Apr 13, 2004, 3:30 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
i was there

in jan 2001 for a 15 day trip...ushishia? argentina to malvinas [falklands] it was on the hansiatic [german] got 4 or 5 stamps in my passport...lots of zodiac landings, was up to my ? in penguins a few times...was a little pricey [11k] but definately worth it... miss some spots do to ice pack/weather....a lot of people missed breakfast one am due to 80 knot winds during the nite, thought i was going to roll out of bed for a while...great pictures, bird watching, seals, 1 whale, penguins, lectures...wonderful trip!
Old Jul 6, 2007, 9:26 pm

taSMania - of coUrse, ushUAia and hansEatic - definItely!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.