Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Antarctica > Antarctica
Reload this Page >

Sightseeing flights over geographic South Pole?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2017, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Hello

Which airline offer sightseeing flights over geographic South Pole, without landing?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:16 am

Location: Dorset, United Kingdom. Frequently at higher altitudes.
Programs: BAEC Gold and a few others
For the South Pole, that's very rare, however their is a company in Australia running 12hr scenic Antarctica flights. See here: http://www.antarcticaflights.com.au
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Thx, but are you sure, they're flying over geographic South Pole?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 7:33 am

Location: Dorset, United Kingdom. Frequently at higher altitudes.
Programs: BAEC Gold and a few others
No, there's no mention of the Geographic South Pole, if that's the one you mean. It'd be very rare to find a commercial outfit offering such a flight. I have never heard of one (only private/ shared charter with high-end companies). The linked company flies over the Magnetic South instead.

I don't think you'd see much from high altitude anyway, to be quite honest. You can set foot at the Pole from around US$50,000.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:27 pm

Hi,
I work for a company that sells cruises to Antarctica. We have recently started offering flight trips to the geographical South Pole. You can also camp overnight at the Pole. It doesn't come cheap with prices starting from $25000. If you are interested I can send you an email. Let me know.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: IHG Spire, CA Gold
Originally Posted by HereToHelp
Hi,
I work for a company that sells cruises to Antarctica. We have recently started offering flight trips to the geographical South Pole. You can also camp overnight at the Pole. It doesn't come cheap with prices starting from $25000. If you are interested I can send you an email. Let me know.
US$25000 for south pole? are you joking?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Edward_YUL
US$25000 for south pole? are you joking?
No. I'm not joking. We can also arrange for flights to see the emperor penguin colonies, climbing expeditions and skiing expeditions. But all these trips come at a price as you can imagine.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:35 am

Programs: IHG Spire, CA Gold
Originally Posted by HereToHelp
No. I'm not joking. We can also arrange for flights to see the emperor penguin colonies, climbing expeditions and skiing expeditions. But all these trips come at a price as you can imagine.
How it comes? Online price for South Pole is around US$50000
Old Apr 17, 2017, 3:11 am

Visiting Antarctica my plane starts from $25,000. Yes, flying to the geographical south pole is $50,000

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.