Search

All time best Antarctic voyage with National Geographic and Neil Armstrong

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2009, 3:33 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
All time best Antarctic voyage with National Geographic and Neil Armstrong

We're enjoyed several National Geographic Expeditions: they include everything (except getting there and back, as they do not package haphazard and often very limiting flights to / from origin and end,) and one travels with experts - academics, etc. who know their subject area, give lectures, etc. (Though in this instance, air between Santiago, Chile and Ushuaia, Argentina is included.)

NGE also offers trips to Antarctica. They are not cheap, but include top notch experts and use their newest ice-rated ship, National Geographic Explorer, operated by renown Lindblad Expeditions. The 25 day trip visits the Falkland Islands, South Georgia (I can vouch for it as an unforgettable and beautiful place, and Sir Ernest Shackleton's gravesite is visited as well,) Elephant Island (where Sir Ernest's crew awaited his return,) and of course Antarctica.

November 15, 2009's trip will be accompanied by Astronaut Neil Armstrong, who wrote history as the Apollo 11 commander when humans first visited the moon July 20, 1969. If you have the bickies, the time and urge, I suspect this might be the best trip to Antarctica at this time.

(In my experience, if you are going all the way to Antarctica, South Georgia is a truly fantastic addition - we visited both on a 22 day trip some years ago, and were amazed.)

<link>
Old Jul 23, 2009, 12:21 pm

Programs: HHonors
I've been researching an Antarctica trip for a solo expedition (my DH says no way as far as he's concerned). The Nat'l Geographic voyage is definitely my first choice and their solo rate is more reasoanble than the others (well, reasonable is a relative term, isn't it?). When I received the e-mail about Neil Armstrong on the November voyage it made me all the more upset that I couldn't swig the trip this year (another two years until I finish paying off my dear little princess' wedding). Since I decided that I wanted to go to Antarctica, I've become almost obsessed with the idea and actually have dreams about it! Can't wait until I book and go. Yes, South Georgia and Faulklands definitely look as if they should definitely be included - adds alot of days and cost but I know will be more than worth it. Three weeks on a solo voyage, hmmmm. Maybe I'll hit lotto and invite my wonderful son-in-law to go.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 9:18 pm

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast
Originally Posted by JDiver
We're enjoyed several National Geographic Expeditions: they include everything (except getting there and back, as they do not package haphazard and often very limiting flights to / from origin and end,) and one travels with experts - academics, etc. who know their subject area, give lectures, etc. (Though in this instance, air between Santiago, Chile and Ushuaia, Argentina is included.)

NGE also offers trips to Antarctica. They are not cheap, but include top notch experts and use their newest ice-rated ship, National Geographic Explorer, operated by renown Lindblad Expeditions. The 25 day trip visits the Falkland Islands, South Georgia (I can vouch for it as an unforgettable and beautiful place, and Sir Ernest Shackleton's gravesite is visited as well,) Elephant Island (where Sir Ernest's crew awaited his return,) and of course Antarctica.

<link>
I have been looking for quite some time, and now with your recommendation, I am good to go. Thanks for the link! ^
Old Aug 21, 2010, 7:34 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Please let us know how your trip goes! These experts who are accompanying the Antarctic voyages are all top notch folks to learn from, not to mention the other experts accompanying the trips.

Originally Posted by belle3388
I have been looking for quite some time, and now with your recommendation, I am good to go. Thanks for the link! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.