Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ansett Australian Global Rewards
Reload this Page >

Frequent Flyer News Straight From the Horse's Mouth! (Finally)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frequent Flyer News Straight From the Horse's Mouth! (Finally)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2002, 1:01 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
The way I read it is that Plat members of AN FF will get the 10k joining bonus, plus 80k for the first roundtrip taken, then 10k for the next trip for the next 12 months (ie: till 28/2/03). Yes, this is great if you are a diamond or plat member - the bonuses are out of this world.

However, normal (base) plebs get 10k sign up bonus, 10k after the first roundtrip (non L class!) and then 2k for each roundtrip till 28/2/03.

Now, if you're a top tier with AN, that's great and it might be enough to offset being pissed off at losing lots and lots of points (remember, a former GW diamond or plat member would have oodles of points what with diners cards and other tie ins).

It definately works to court the premium/high yield business pax - no doubt about it. However, most of us aren't that.

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.
Old Feb 25, 2002, 7:12 am

Do i have this right: If I joined AN GR a year ago, and I flew often enough to have status I could earn oodles of points from now on. If I had oodles of points collected over the years, but didn't fly enough in the last year to get any status, bye bye oodles of points.

goodo
Old Feb 25, 2002, 7:23 am

Most of you would have agree that IF by some miracle TESNA does get off the ground on Thursday (which is becoming increasingly unlikely every time there is yet another delay), they are not going to last long giving away huge ammounts of points for little outlay.

And do you think premium pax are going to let their points build up again, and risk losing them again, not likely, they are going to redeem them pretty **** quick.

So then what happens ???

And all this is dependent on AN getting the premium pax back from QF ???

Good Luck

Old Feb 25, 2002, 11:48 am

Programs: SK,BA,QF,AA, HH, IGH
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ANDREWCX:
Has anyone been told if the base membership cards will be real (ie plastic) ones this time?</font>
For $82.50 they'd better be....

In the past 2 years I think I got my GR card replaced 9 or 10 times, because the print kept rubbing off the front...a few times the agents tried to order me a real card, but it never happened...not that I'm likely to join the new program anyway - like a lot of others here, I'll probably just get my points credited to UA.

Beck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.