FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ansett Australian Global Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ansett-australian-global-rewards-404/)
-   -   News: Ansett frequent flyers threaten legal action (inc. mini rant by me) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ansett-australian-global-rewards/29406-news-ansett-frequent-flyers-threaten-legal-action-inc-mini-rant-me.html)

RichardMEL Feb 19, 2002 6:00 pm

News: Ansett frequent flyers threaten legal action (inc. mini rant by me)

Comments:

1. Don't sue the administrators you morons, it's Tesna's business decision!
2. Would you trust anyone using a hotmail address for this? For crying out loud!
3. These people should concentrate on lobbying Tesna to fix their brain dead "new" scheme! Suggest something like having "old program points" and "new points" (UA did this) and say "you can use old points to redeem AN domestic rewards ONLY" and even allocate them a different booking pool. At least people would get a _chance_ to use the value of thousands and thousands of points accrued. Not too hard to implement either I would think. It seems the Tesna weenies drawing up this program lack brains, or they are lazy as it really is just GR with gloss and tightening the screws.
IMHO.
---

Posted: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 6:49 AEDT

Ansett frequent flyers threaten legal action
Disgruntled former Ansett frequent flyer club members say they have no choice but to mount a class action against the airline's administrators.

It follows the release yesterday of Tesna's customer loyalty program, which dashes any hope that points from the old Ansett program can be transferred to the new scheme.

The Global Rewards Action Group says the new frequent flyer program ignores the points already held by 2.7 million members.

Group spokesperson Jon Caneva says they will now appeal to the Federal Court in order to mount a class action against the administrators.

Mr Caneva has urged all Australians who hold Global Rewards Points to register their support for the action group via email.

The group's address is: [email protected]

goodo Feb 20, 2002 3:25 am

It now has a website and 'normal' email address.

www.globalrewardsclassaction.com.au
[email protected]

Maybe they're FlyerTalkers?

goodo

MilesDependent Feb 20, 2002 3:27 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RichardMEL:
Comments:

1. Don't sue the administrators you morons, it's Tesna's business decision!

</font>
The administrator of Ansett has a responsibility to act on in the best interests of Ansett's creditors. The argument would be that by completing this deal, the administrator has not acted in the best interests of former global rewards members.