What's up with the FF program?

Old Feb 18, 02, 4:22 am
Original Poster

What's up with the FF program?

I thought details of the AN FF program were going to be released about 2 weeks ago? Has there been anything new since that supposed leak to the Melbourne paper?

MD
Old Feb 18, 02, 4:31 am

Herald Sun has a had a lot of leaks =)

Latest news is that it will be released within the next few days. Now, how many times have I heard that.

Seriously, the GW news is a good start & I am confident we will hear something within a week.

The AN Marketing campaign is apparently ready to go.

Cheers,

Justin
Old Feb 18, 02, 4:53 am

Im just worried that if they do not give back people's FF points the airline will not last.
Old Feb 18, 02, 7:40 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
But they won't give back the FF points - they've stated that time and time again.

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.
Old Feb 18, 02, 12:45 pm

the airline will survive because there is room for two, and virgin is TOO basic and has no history in this country
Old Feb 18, 02, 6:40 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by franjelley:
the airline will survive because there is room for two, and virgin is TOO basic and has no history in this country</font>
Fran I wouldn't be so dismissive of DJ. They have Branson behind them, and a growing following. For a 1 hour flight like SYD-MEL, SYD-BNE (ie: the "golden triangle") it simply does not matter about things like seat comfort and whatever. If you can get a cheap seat you'll fly it (I must admit after doing SYD-MEL on DJ, I'd *not* want to fly transcon on them).

However, don't dismiss DJ - just look at Ryanair in Europe and Southwest in the US. They started small and suddenly they're up there with the "big boys."

Unfortunately the Australian market has shown 3 seems to be too big. Look at: Compass 1, Compass 2, East-West, Impulse...

I hope like mad that AN does not join the aforementioned airlines as names of the past - fondly remembered, but dead and burried.

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.
Old Feb 18, 02, 10:15 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RichardMEL:
But they won't give back the FF points - they've stated that time and time again.

</font>

They have NEVER actually stated this, "unamed sources within Tesna" stated it. Some hope they are leeking this informaion to obtain feedback on it.

Old Feb 19, 02, 8:17 pm

I think the only people who will frequently fly this airline are the GW lifers-unless they start to match status with other airlines and join people free most sane people will not put another $82.50 into an airline which will probebly go the way of the Compass and Impulse.

Search this Thread