Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ansett Australian Global Rewards
Reload this Page >

News: Ansett administrators refuse to comment on leaked report

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2002, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat

Ansett administrators refuse to comment on leaked report
A spokesman for Ansett administrators has refused to comment on leaked information suggesting the airline's losses are running far above their predicted $6 million a week.

The spokesman says all of Ansett's losses for the month are budgeted for.

The leaked report coincides with a meeting today between Ansett's prospective owners, Tesna, and the Sydney Airport Corporation.

The meeting is expected to resolve Ansett's domestic terminal lease arrangement, which has been a major obstacle to Ansett's sale to the Fox-Lew consortium.

Administrator Mark Mentha says the main issue being dealt with is the value of rental and performance bonds after the airport corporation demanded they be increased.

"I think that's a matter for commercial negotiation between Tesna and SAC and as I said, those discussions will take place today and into the evening," he said.

"Hopefully as a result of those discussions, an agreement can be reached."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.