News: Fox, Lew coy on Branson talks

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2002, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
News: Fox, Lew coy on Branson talks

Fox, Lew coy on Branson talks

12feb02

ANSETT'S provisional new owners Lindsay Fox and Solomon Lew have arrived back in Australia after a five day trip to Europe in which they signed a deal for new planes and met Virgin's Richard Branson.

Mr Lew told reporters at Melbourne Airport that he was confident their company Tesna would officially be Ansett's new owners very soon.
"At the moment we're concentrating very, very heavily on finalising the deal with the administrators," Mr Lew said.

"We should be in a position to close that deal over the next few days.

"Of course we're still waiting for Sydney Airport (Corporation Ltd) to sign off (on terminal leases).

"Hopefully the (federal) government will give them a little push and help that along a bit and that will make a big difference to Ansett."

Mr Fox said they signed a contract for new airbuses in France before flying to England to meet Sir Richard.

But he offered new information on those talks, instead talikng about: "His beautiful ducks on the pond."

"He's got a magnificent pond. I've never seen so many ducks and didn't have a gun," Mr Fox replied when asked about the meeting.

The meetings have been subject to intense media attention, including speculation that they involved discussion of a merger or takeover.

"He's been one of the first people in good discount aviation, it was well worth having a chat with him," Mr Fox said.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.