Ansett family values

Old Jan 31, 02, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Ansett family values

I just wanted to say here and now that on our AN4 flight MEL-SYD today, and at the GW lounge in SYD and then on my return SYD-MEL today - despite no Tesna Ansett relaunch the obvious pride and love the employees have for Ansett came right through. For example, the F/A on AN4 who specially bid for the trip to be on that first Tesna flight, and the former F/A who bought a ticket on the flight for support. Or the GW Lounge lady who said she was so excited and happy to see the old flight numbers back ("I screamed in delight when I saw AN1 to Melbourne") and of course that willingness to help as much as they can, while being kind and polite. Even the GW lounge manager who came to our table, introduced herself and thanked us for coming and apologised profusely for the lack of services and all. Telling us to come back again next time and making us feel very welcome.

The Ansett staff is the main reason I have been loyal all these years, and they still fail to disappoint, even in these confusing times.

I love you guys & girls at Ansett!

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.
Old Feb 1, 02, 2:36 am

I second that!

You'll be happy to note that I had two other staff & they were just as fantastic. Gave me the same seat as you http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

It's because of these staff that I think AN really deserves to survive.

It was great meeting some our Aussie FlyerTalkers, RichardMEL, franjelley & trentis.

Cheers,

Justin
Old Feb 1, 02, 2:57 am

Yep - Couldn't agree more. The FAs on both my flights today were fantastic, as was everyone else from check-in to the GW lounge.

That said, it was a little depressing being in the massive GW lounge with only about 7 other people...

The airline I flew today bares no resemblance to the old AN IMHO. The staff were just amazing.

For those interested, AN1 was VH-HYN and AN28 (9am MEL-SYD) was VH-HYE.

The only problem was the people who asked me where I had been when I got to work at 11am. Saying "uhh... I went to MEL and back" certainly yielded a few odd looks.

Another point - the FAs on the MEL-SYD flight were saying how they had all been trained for the new services and were so upset when they found out things had been delayed. One of the FAs said they had received a letter from Lew/Fox saying that the new AN will likely start before the 30 days allocated by Andersen. And in his arrival comments when we landed in Sydney he suggested that the new AN will be operating hopefully within 2 weeks.

Gee - wasn't the weather terrible in Sydney? Should have stayed in MEL a bit longer - beautiful day down there!

Cheerio
MD
Old Feb 1, 02, 3:32 am

MEL's GW lounge in the afternoon wasn't doing too bad, maybe around 15-20 people (cmon, I'm used to 3-4 ppl).

VH-HYN; how's that aircraf on the inside. It's the newest aircraft that AN flies.

I've heard some interesting stuff about service, had a chat to the FAs bout that. Business Class will borrow elements of AN International's service (no trays), with a lot of hand serving of single elements of meals.

Stylish boxes will feature in Economy Class. Hot meals will be served during brekky, lunch & dinner. There will be a cocktail service during the afternoon, and between 4 and 6pm (IIRC) there will be happy hour!

Meanwhile, I read in the quality local paper, the MX that Alpha Catering is dumping quite a few jobs in AU & the UK. Reasons include AN. Hello, AN just got your contract???

Interesting eh?

Cheers,

Justin
Old Feb 3, 02, 5:33 am

I also have to say that I was pleased with the services on 01/02. All aspects of my Ansett experience on that day, from the very friendly check-in staff in ADL, to the cabin crew of AN330 ADL-MEL (operated by VH-HYB) who were offering pillows for such a short flight (nice touch in lieu of a meal service I guess), the GW staff in MEL, and the cabin crew of AN355 MEL-ADL (operated by VH-HYD) showed that the staff were happy and proud to still be with the airline.
A few highlights were:

-enjoying a beautiful South Australian sunrise from above the clouds en route to MEL in seat 2A;

-exploring Melbourne's CBD on foot on a perfect summer's day (we'll ignore the storms that came in the evening!)

-meeting Skystar in the Ansett terminal at MEL and having my first experience of a Golden Wing Lounge (albeit one with reduced services. Still, better than the gate lounge), and getting seat 1A for the flight back to ADL! After looking around MEL airport and saying goodbye to Skystar, I went back to the GW lounge where there was a different staff member to before. She was coming up to me and I thought I would be kicked out for not having GW membership, but she just asked if I had a boarding pass and if I was happy with my seat allocation. After seeing I had 1A, she let me proceed into the lounge. Talk about service!

-a fantastic thunderstorm display on takeoff from MEL, inside my first almost full Ansett flight since July last year. I was surprised, considering this was a new Tesna-scheduled flight.

All in all, a wonderful day's trip! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by trentis (edited 02-03-2002).]
Old Feb 3, 02, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Were -HYB and -HYD configured 2 class or 1 class?

Also we had the pillows on AN4 and 27. nice touch.

Sorry I couldn't stay in MEL to meet you - had to go to work http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.
Old Feb 5, 02, 2:50 am

They were both 2 class - fantastic to get my probably only opportunity (well, hopefully not) to savour that little bit extra legroom in business class, especially in row 1!
No worries, Richard, I'm sure we'll get the opportunity to meet sometime in the future http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

Search this Thread