FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ansett Australian Global Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ansett-australian-global-rewards-404/)
-   -   Can't people see it's ridiculous?? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ansett-australian-global-rewards/29338-cant-people-see-its-ridiculous.html)

Clement Lowe Jan 30, 2002 8:56 pm

Can't people see it's ridiculous??

Have people gone out of their mind??? FF'ers want 20c for every point. Put simply, that's $14 BILLION. Nobody will be able to pay that, they're just going to toss their money at the lawyers, who'll probably go and get their elite status on QF...

Does anyone else have a view on this?

RichardMEL Jan 30, 2002 9:08 pm

I am starting to feel Tesna is a waste of time and effort. And that is very sad.

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.

Skystar Jan 31, 2002 12:22 am

...And I'm probably committing FlyerTalk sacrilege, but we've got a helleva lot of mad people so obsessed with FF points to the detriment of others. There's more to life than that.

Having said that, I haven't heard anything really good about Tesna about all of this, and I wonder why I grudgingly support them.

Now, what happned to that $5 billion guy =)

Cheers,

Justin

RichardMEL Jan 31, 2002 12:43 am

Actually I thought all of the dicks standing up at the creditors meeting whining about their GW Life memberships (paid for in the 80's mind you!) and wanting their money back, or whatever were painful. I was with the unions on that one. What is important here is that Ansett is viable long-term for jobs and competition. FF and GW etc is a perk. A nice one yes, but a perk. It's not like the couple who had 750,000 points between them was going to lose their home or livelihood by not getting those points. Sure, that is a VERY large number of FF points, and that has to hurt, but there seems little perspective in this game.

As for Tesna, I worry about several things:

1. Hiring of mostly the old guard back in management scares me - as evidenced by the leaked details of the FF program - basically a mirror of the old one - BZZT! wrong answer Ansett. Please try again. That was the OLD Ansett. The NEW Ansett needs a different mantra and way of doing things. Lest I suggest some of those people Go Their Own Way?!

2. The lack of information out of Tesna is woeful. This does not inspire confidence.

3. FF program (see above) - They need something BETTER ****it! This crap does not make me want to earn a single AN point again.

As for the $5 billion guy... He may get his chance down the road.

I'm not booking for March 1 just yet! (sigh)

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.

trentis Jan 31, 2002 3:04 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RichardMEL:
What is important here is that Ansett is viable long-term for jobs and competition.
</font>
Hear hear. Which is what I hope Tesna do. There just has to be something more to the FFP after the Marks told us we'd be "very,very happy" with the new offering. Or am I just to trusting? I just think there has to be something more to it, Fox, Lew and the Yanks wouldn't put billions into the new airline just to make the same mistakes, would they???

bugsy Feb 1, 2002 11:57 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by trentis:
Hear hear. Which is what I hope Tesna do. There just has to be something more to the FFP after the Marks told us we'd be "very,very happy" with the new offering. Or am I just to trusting? I just think there has to be something more to it, Fox, Lew and the Yanks wouldn't put billions into the new airline just to make the same mistakes, would they???
</font>
It's been done before...but I'm with you on this one...there has to be more to it...after all, alienating the existing GR members would just about guarentee the death of Ansett Mk III.

As for $0.20 per point...these people have no clue.