Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Virgin "Dig" against Ansett FFs

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2002, 6:04 am
Original Poster

A Virgin "Dig" against Ansett FFs

A nice thought, but just another DJ attack on AN and patronising its FFs(I think). Anyway, congrats to those people who can get that deal!
---
From http://www.virginblue.com.au
---
REGISTER HERE TO FLY WITH VIRGIN BLUE TO THE ANSETT AUSTRALIA CREDITORS MEETING

Get Your 2 Bobs in as an Ansett Australia Frequent Flyer for only 2 Bob with Virgin Blue

Virgin Blue would like to do its bit to help Ansett Australia Frequent Flyers who are interested in flying to Melbourne to have their say at the meeting of Ansett Australia Creditors on January 29.
Virgin Blue finds it surprising that people who have shown so much loyalty to Ansett over the years have not been given the chance to reap the rewards of loyalty through point redemption or compensation over the recent months during the operation of Ansett Mark 2, even when aircraft were flying with available seats. Even now it's proposed that you'll be asked to show greater loyalty by committing to travel more with the new Ansett before you can get access to at least some of the points you thought you'd already earned.

To help you out and give you the chance to have your say, we thought we'd do our bit and offer you the opportunity to travel to Melbourne to attend the meeting and make yourselves heard.

We're offering 10 people from the key Virgin Blue destinations listed below, access to a special 20 cent fare. That's right, you can fly to Melbourne for 20 cents (2 bob), to go to the meeting and put your 2 bobs worth in. All you'll need to pay is 20 cents (10 cents each way for a return booking) plus any additional taxes, charges and levies including the Ansett levy.

To take advantage of this fare, simply fill in the registration details below. We will be providing 10 tickets from the cities of Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Launceston, Sydney and Canberra to Melbourne to people who have at least 25,000 Ansett Frequent Flyer points. As the seats are limited, you'll need to be quick. Should you snare a 2 bob fare, we'll make contact within 24 hours of you registering to clarify the details of your booking and process payment. You'll need to supply us with a copy of your Frequent Flyer statement when we make contact with you. Please don't call our call centre requesting information on your registration. We will contact you if we are able to help you with a seat.

You may choose to return on the same day or on the Wednesday or Thursday following the meeting. Of course you'll be responsible for all expenses incurred during your stay in Melbourne, but with an air fare of just 20 cents, we're sure you'll be able to enjoy the best that Melbourne has to offer.

Register now to have your say. Registrations close Thursday Jan 24 at 4pm.

Old Jan 22, 2002, 3:40 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold VIP,QP Gold, PC Platinum, pleb everthing else
Not patronising, trentis, just brilliant marketing. They will get thousands of potential customer details, address, email phone etc at no cost from all those who register. The cost of 60 flights compared to this data is insignificant.

------------------
JBC
If it is to be, it is up to me
Old Jan 22, 2002, 6:15 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
It is also a clever spin at the Administrators, for 20cents is "5 cents in the dollar" on a $5 fare, which is the well known DJ discount of recent times.

I agree with John - a lot of useful marketing info in that promotion, and you can bet the 20cent flights are in definite non peak times!

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.
Old Jan 22, 2002, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

I agree that it's good marketing, but I still found the article to be a little patronising...that was just my initial reaction to it http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif
Old Jan 23, 2002, 4:32 am

Hey,

It's Virgin marketing. I don't really like this one, but sometimes I wish airlines had a bit of guts to play fun.

AN should've learnt to actually compete with QF in marketing. Nothing like a few comparisons.

Instead we got crap like 'Go your own way'. A slogan that was so clever, only marketing executives understood its actual meaning http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

Cheers,

Justin
Old Jan 23, 2002, 6:27 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Absolutely! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.