Wiki Posts
Search

"new" AN booking engine & FF numbers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2002, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
"new" AN booking engine & FF numbers

It is very nice and all, showing you that fare bucket you'd be booking in, so on and so forth, but there doesn't seem to be a place for FF# to go in for post-01Feb flights.

Justin, when you booked your flight for AN4 (and what are you returning to MEL on?) what did you do about FF#? Did you call AN and get them to put it in the PNR, or are you not worrying about that until we hear more about the FF plans? I was wanting to put my UA# in for one flight, and my AN# in for the return (so as to show the "loyalty" to get my AN points back if that turns out to be the case).

Anyone got any ideas about this? It's not a biggie, but it would be nice.

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.
Old Jan 16, 2002, 10:07 pm

Richard,

Because nothing is publicly finalised re. frequent flyer points, I'm just waiting. I'll call them up closer to the date. I didn't expect them to put in anything for FF points at the moment. Note how you cannot put in seating requests, either - but you can ring for that.

I like the new booking engine, beats QF's hands down.

On your previous post you said you were booked in L class. Where is L in relation to T, because I can't see any below T.

Cheers,

Justin

BTW: I'm coming back on AN47 at 1300.
Old Jan 17, 2002, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
L class is below T. T seems to be the 7 day adv. pruchase fares, while L is the 14 day adv purchase fare (though L class doesn't show up on itn availability displays, I just got those out of the booking engine). I can only presume L class is the same as the old L class which was only one step above N class. My fare designator is L14APNET for what it's worth. I thought this would have been a W fare, but not really sure what is going on with AN booking classes.

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.
Old Jan 18, 2002, 3:01 am

I was gonna call them closer to the date too. Justin, what did you do with seat preferences??
Old Jan 18, 2002, 3:46 am

I booked my ticket over the phone (& still got $66 http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tongue.gif), because the AN site went down on Sunday.

Just put in a request for a forward window.

13 13 00, that's the number to call!

Cheers,

Justin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.