Gold Wing card access to UA RCC

Old Dec 25, 2001, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum (LTS), VA nothing, DL Skymiles
Gold Wing card access to UA RCC

Am flying MEL-LAX coach class this weekend with United. I am only * Silver (not Gold). Will my Gold Wing card still give me access to the UA Red Carpet Clubs in MEL and LAX international terminals?
Old Dec 25, 2001, 5:34 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
That's a definite maybe. I think yes, it should as long as it is a current card.

See you in the MEL RCC http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.
Old Dec 25, 2001, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Richard,

Are you on a LAX bound flight this weekend?

I am on UA862 to SYD, then UA816 to LAX on Saturday.

If you're on the same flights we might meet up in the MEL RCC.

------------------
- Gary -
Old Dec 26, 2001, 6:32 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
I am flying MEL-SYD on 862 both days (don't ask!) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

look for the FT tag (although I also hope to be meeting with some other friends in the RCC on Sat who are flying to AKL).

Looks like the RCC will be overflowing with us http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.
Old Dec 27, 2001, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Richard,

I'll keep an eye out for you in the MEL RCC Saturday.

BTW, UA told me that Gold Wing cards will only be accepted for admission to RCC's until 31/1/02. After that date, Gold Wing cards are no good!

------------------
- Gary -
Old Dec 31, 2001, 2:49 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Global Reward benefits/status end dec-31-2001

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Q: "I am a Global Rewards Diamond/Platinum/Sapphire customer. What happens to my Star Alliance Gold or Star Alliance Silver benefits. Will Star Alliance airlines still provide these?"
A: Yes. Despite the Global Rewardstm program ceasing to operate, Star Alliance is pleased to still be able to honor Star Alliance Gold or Silver status benefits through to the expiry date on your Global Rewards Membership card. However, these benefits cannot be provided any later than December 31, 2001.</font>
Old Dec 31, 2001, 6:48 am

Programs: QF Platinum
That blurb off the * site isnt explicit as to what happens with fully paid up members of the golden wing lounge. Sure * gold members cant get in anymore but it remains to be seen if paid up Golden Wing Lounge members can. (However, I have my doubts if they can)

[This message has been edited by luftaom (edited 12-31-2001).]
Old Jan 4, 2002, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Flew back from Los Angeles today. I was allowed into the UA RCCs in MEL and SYD no problem on the outward bound flights (28th December).

Last night (3rd Jan) at LAX, the attendant had no problem allowing us into the RCC. However at the SYD RCC this morning, the attendant advised as of 1/1/02 United is no longer giving complementary admittance to the RCC lounges for Ansett GW members.

As a courtesy gesture the attendant let me use the lounge anyway as I was a transit pax from from the LAX UA flight to the MEL UA flight.

Double standards ... hey?

------------------
- Gary -

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.