Got my money back from AN (most of it)

Old Dec 14, 01, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Got my money back from AN (most of it)

It took them ages but today I was sent a cheque for my flights on AN on Sep 18th and Sep 22nd which never took off.

So far so good, but they deducted a US$ 50 reimboursement fee, which IMHO is a joke. They decided to not fly anymore, so I shouldnt have to pay a fee for getting my money back. I didnt charge them a fee for giving them the money in the first place.

As Im no friend of sueing people for ridiculous amiunts and even more in this case I doubt it would make any sense, maybe Id better shut up and be happy that I got most of my money back.

Stephan
Old Dec 14, 01, 3:48 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Well I got my AN tix money refunded fairly quickly, but am still duking it out with the *#)@ insurance company over replacement fares I had to buy on QF/UA - all in all I have about 60% back. I wasn't charged a fee for my AN ticket reimbursement.

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.
Old Dec 14, 01, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

RichardMEL

Did you get your money from AN or from an insurance ? My money came from AN (NZ that is / AN doesnt pay anything) since I had no insurance.

Stephan
Old Dec 15, 01, 2:24 am

I haven't got anything back yet for my flights on Sept 15/16. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif

It was charged through Westpac Visa.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Clement
Old Dec 15, 01, 9:54 pm

I got my money back from Westpac (visa) for the AN tix that was purchased. My new fight is with travel insurance for extra cost of replacement tickets. Now they are demanding proof from UA that UA would not honour my AN ticket on Sept 17th. Like duh, do you think I made it up and spent $3600 on a new ticket just on a whim?! Sheesh

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.
Old Dec 15, 01, 11:53 pm

Programs: QF Gold (LTS) and VA Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Clement Lowe:
I haven't got anything back yet for my flights on Sept 15/16. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif

It was charged through Westpac Visa.

</font>

Sure... fill in a disrupted transaction form (can be downloaded from the westpac site) and you will get all your money back ... with the compliments of the NAB's shareholders.

The NAB was the processing bank of AN and hence are responsible for all the tickets bought with a credit card but due to the administrators pulling the plug were never able to be used.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Bradley
Old Dec 16, 01, 1:32 pm

What about tickets bought on Amex.
I was under the impression that if you dont get delivery of something with Amex(got the ticket but not the flight)that Amex will reverse the charge.
Has anyone done this ?
Old Dec 16, 01, 4:23 pm

Bradley,

I should have made it clearer, but yes, the form has already been filled out and posted off to the address stated on the form (in fact it was posted within about 3 weeks of the collapse - was posted in early October). Perhaps I should be blaming Australia Post for losing the mail?

Do I need to add extra documentation, like ticket forms, because I already did attach photocopies of the internet transaction with the form as required. Very perplexing. Thanks Bradley anyway. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif Any other ideas?

cheers,

Clement
Old Dec 23, 01, 8:58 pm

Quick update: had a nice surprise in the mail yesterday - final cheque from travel insurance to cover my Sept AN/UA/QF tix.. so in the end only $200 out of pocket, which suits me fine really.

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.

Search this Thread