FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ansett Australian Global Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ansett-australian-global-rewards-404/)
-   -   Ansett re-opens GW lounges (sort of) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ansett-australian-global-rewards/29267-ansett-re-opens-gw-lounges-sort.html)

RichardMEL Oct 28, 2001 8:01 pm

Ansett re-opens GW lounges (sort of)

NOTICE TO ALL MEMBERS OF ANSETT GOLDEN WING CLUB
Ansett is providing limited lounge services to its Golden Wing Club members in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Perth from Friday, October 26. However, the full Golden Wing Lounge product will not be provided at this time.

The move is in response to feedback from meetings with more than 65 key corporate clients around the country and aims to provide a scaled down version of the services formerly provided in Golden Wing Club lounges.

Private meeting rooms can be booked and flight check-ins can be made at the reception of each lounge. PCs will be available for word processing at selected ports but at this point in time no internet access is available. Vending machines will be provided offering snacks and beverages.

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.

QantasAllTheWay Oct 28, 2001 9:30 pm

Vending machines for food & drink ? so whats the point of even going in there ?

------------------
QantasAllTheWay
OneWorld, All Around the World

Jobs. Education. Health. Security
It's time for Labor www.alp.org.au

luftaom Oct 28, 2001 11:09 pm

You don't have to sit/stand in the gate area with the plebs...

There are tables and chairs so you can sit down plug your notebook in and do some work rather than waste the time wiating for your flight, someone calls you to tell you when to board your plane so as that you dont have to queue with the plebs ...

The extra costs to AN are not all that great but the benefits to the obviously former very frequent flyers is huge ... why not open them?

Best Regards

Bradley

thadocta Oct 29, 2001 5:22 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by luftaom:
The extra costs to AN are not all that great but the benefits to the obviously former very frequent flyers is huge ... why not open them?</font>
Except that most of those paxs have already shifted over to QF.

Dave

MilesDependent Oct 29, 2001 6:48 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thadocta:
Except that most of those paxs have already shifted over to QF.

Dave
</font>
Is this available to non-AN *G as well?

RichardMEL Oct 29, 2001 8:06 pm

Good question, and I don't know. The updated AN help system says "AN *is* a member of Star Alliance [...] but membership benefits are currently suspended" - I don't know if that just means mileage accural etc or if it means *G are banned from the club. I don't see why they'd not let you in as it's just a chair you get!

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.

MilesDependent Nov 2, 2001 8:50 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RichardMEL:
Good question, and I don't know. The updated AN help system says "AN *is* a member of Star Alliance [...] but membership benefits are currently suspended" - I don't know if that just means mileage accural etc or if it means *G are banned from the club. I don't see why they'd not let you in as it's just a chair you get!

</font>
Allow me to confirm that only AN*G and GW members are allowed into the clubs. UA*G are not welcome. Plus, for the time being, the GW lounges are only open for the first and last flights of the day.

Skystar Nov 3, 2001 4:07 pm

I was at MEL GW last week, and walked in as an untiered member.

It was still open at 9AM.

Cheers,

Justin

peter42 Nov 5, 2001 4:57 am

Can GW members still use the reciprocal lounges (RCC etc.) ?