FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ansett Australian Global Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ansett-australian-global-rewards-404/)
-   -   Ansett II is not a Star Alliance member (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ansett-australian-global-rewards/29240-ansett-ii-not-star-alliance-member.html)

RichardMEL Sep 28, 2001 11:58 am

Ansett II is not a Star Alliance member

... and no mileage earned on flights, etc.

Hope this will change when ownership is sorted out (if)

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.

R.I.P. Ansett Australia,
Previously "One of the world's Great Airlines" :(

Skystar Sep 28, 2001 8:13 pm

Well,

I hope ANstaff gets up with good backing, because I'm not going to complain if AN is a full service carrier again http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

Quick Facts:

* AN to be 70% of its former self
* 20-25% of costs to be slashed
* 40 to 50 aircraft.
* Full Service, not discount carrier.

The Age's travel column today seems to like the ANstaff bid aswell. Certainly it would be a marketing boon. With the jingoistic feeling in the Australian community, I'm sure AN can play the "More Australian than anyone else" card.

I still think AN will get back in the air in some form.

Cheers,

Justin

QantasAllTheWay Sep 29, 2001 9:20 pm

i understood you dont get any meal service on AN now, so cant really call it full service at the moment. but i suppose they'll re-introduce it if it has a viable future

Skystar Sep 29, 2001 10:38 pm

Who was calling it full service? AN Mk. II describes itself as being upper economy - a notch above Virgin. I'll agree with that definition.

If you're referring to what I wrote under "Quick Facts", that is in regards to the ANstaff bid, not AN II.

Cheers,

Justin

ozflier Sep 30, 2001 7:07 pm

I'm flying QF BNE-SYD and vv to connect with United services to the USA next week. I have not been able to confirm if United will give me Mileage Plus miles for those flights.I will let you know because I'll try to have them credited using their special form.
Ozflier

QantasAllTheWay Oct 2, 2001 3:59 am

I suppose we will have to see if AN2 gets up and running permanently what the economy service will be like. I think that in ordet to succeed it will need to be more than DJ. At start people will buy tickets out of sympathy and support, but later will want better/richer service. Plus AN should bid again for corp travellers if its ever to make a profit.

AN Pilot Oct 2, 2001 6:24 am

Hi all,

As an AN pilot I would like to say thanx to those supporting our re-launch.

I will be flying this thursday for the first time in 2 and bit weeks and will be loving it.

Your support will result in our growth and return to higher service standards (not like before though).

huru.

MilesDependent Oct 2, 2001 7:20 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AN Pilot:
Hi all,

As an AN pilot I would like to say thanx to those supporting our re-launch.

I will be flying this thursday for the first time in 2 and bit weeks and will be loving it.

Your support will result in our growth and return to higher service standards (not like before though).

huru.
</font>
G'Day AN Pilot - and welcome to the boards.

I hope you stick around, and I look forward to the insight you'll be able to offer us.

MD

MilesDependent Oct 4, 2001 6:34 pm

Quote from today's AFR in relation to Star Alliance:

"Singapore Airlines is now ready to guide whomever the administrator team of Mr Mark Mentha and Mr Mark Korda decide to sell to on the path to greater things, both on domestic and international routes.
It could be Airtours UK, Preussag of Germany, or a combination of one or more of them and trucking magnate Mr Lindsay Fox in conjunction with the ACTU.
Whoever it is, Singapore Airlines wants them to carry its inbound tourists and those of its Star Alliance partners back around the attractions of Australia so that it doesn't have to pay whatever fare Qantas, as part of the rival Oneworld grouping, cares to charge."

Encouraging that AN will resume its place as a member of *.

MD