Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Moving points to CO - advice requested

Old Nov 12, 2008, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Delta Platinum, LY Maybe:)

Hello,

Last year i moved 25k points from my CO account to my Amtrak account. I don't really use Amtrak, but I thought it would be good to have just in case. Now I need the points back in my CO account. Surprisingly, I found out that they no longer allow the transfer from non elite accounts (starting, May 2008 - I never got any notice on the policy change.) Of course, I can get a CC and then be able to transfer it, but I rather not do that too. I called their customer service, but they were very strict and unhelpful.

Any advice?

Thanks.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oresh
I called their customer service, but they were very strict and unhelpful.
They were unhelpful, or they were just unwilling to break the rules for you?
Old Nov 12, 2008, 7:57 pm

Programs: Peon in all
I don't really use Amtrak ... Of course, I can get a CC and then be able to transfer it, but I rather not do that too.
Of course not! Because then you would have to BUY TICKETS and TRAVEL on Amtrak (THE HORRORS ) before you could do the transfer!
I called their customer service, but they were very strict and unhelpful.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No status no more, no where, no how.
I'm afraid you're stuck, Oresh.

You could always go over to Coupon Connection and see if there's a way to work out a trade with someone else, but as far as getting those points back into CO, I think you're out of luck.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Delta Platinum, LY Maybe:)
Originally Posted by nerd
They were unhelpful, or they were just unwilling to break the rules for you?
I did not ask to break the rules, just bend them a little;0 - seriously - i believe that that's what customer service is supposed to be about - understanding the specific case and applying exceptions when needed. Most companies don't share my view on that, unfortunately.

I believe that by being rigid, they lose much more than they gain. I will now avoid Amtrak whenever I can.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I will now avoid Amtrak whenever I can.
I guess that won't be too difficult for you.

I don't really use Amtrak, ...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.