Wiki Posts
Search

Lockers at South Station?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2008, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Lockers at South Station?

Hi,

I'll have a need to put baggage in a locker for the better part of the day at South Station this Friday. Any lockers there that I can use or an alternative that comes to mind? I'll be on the 5:10 AM Acela so will need to drop them off at around 5:00 AM.

Mike
Old Aug 13, 2008, 6:28 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, AA 1MM, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by flyingmike
I'll have a need to put baggage in a locker for the better part of the day at South Station this Friday. Any lockers there that I can use or an alternative that comes to mind? I'll be on the 5:10 AM Acela so will need to drop them off at around 5:00 AM.
I don't recall seeing any, and I go through that station fairly regularly. However, I haven't been actively looking for them either.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 7:13 am

I haven't seen any but I did find mention of some in the south station BUS terminal here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...achusetts.html

There's a walkway linking the train station and the bus station via platform #1.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 7:35 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
I've checked the bags with the baggage handlers several times.. they'll hold onto them for $5 or so. If you walk out onto the platform, they are all the way to your left and then down the platform a bit. I've left bags for the day there many times, though they do ask to see an Amtrak ticket for that day before they'll accept it.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
If all else fails, walk to a near-by hotel and check 'em with the bellman.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT, USAir Gold
Originally Posted by wxguy
If all else fails, walk to a near-by hotel and check 'em with the bellman.
I can't think of any hotel that is close to south station. The closest would probably be the new intercontinental which is a few blocks away - far enough that most people would not want to be dragging luggage.

If you are select plus, you can probably check them in at the lounge.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 7:14 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Originally Posted by TrishBOS
If you are select plus, you can probably check them in at the lounge.
Yes, if one has Select Plus status or is either traveling in First or Sleeper class that day, then one can leave bags in the CA lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.