Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Best exchange from Aeroplan or AmEx Membership Rewards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2014, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E50, AE dBlack, Club Carlson Concierge, NEXUS

Hi there!

I'm planning a decent amount of Amtrak travel in November, and I was hoping there'd be a good way to transfer some of the surplus Aeroplan and American Express Membership Rewards points to Amtrak Guest Rewards.

I've found Points.com for the Aeroplan points, but the exchange rate is around 2 Aeroplan points per Amtrak. Ditto for trying to go from AmEx to Starwood Preferred Guest then Amtrak.

Any better offers people are aware of, or am I going to have to accept a lower redemption value?
Old Jun 25, 2014, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Diamond, Hyatt Plat, AA Plat, SPG Plat/Lifetime Plat, Amex Plat / PRG, DClub
If I recall, Diners is one of the few 1:1 transfers. Otherwise think you're stuck with 2:1
Old Jun 30, 2014, 5:55 pm

Thepointsguy.com has some great articles regarding this. He has a blog sent out by email daily
Old Jul 2, 2014, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E50, AE dBlack, Club Carlson Concierge, NEXUS
Thanks, all! I'm okay with the transfer - yes, it means I'm getting a lower cent-per-mile than usual, but it's still going to soften the blow to the pocketbook later this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.