Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Just Made Select Plus For The 1st Time

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2007, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

I'll put money if I did a search and put in the correct words I'd be able to find my own answer...

I'm surprised this late in the year they are going to send me a 2007 Select Plus package. You would think they would send a 2008 package instead.

Is this normal, or surprising?

S/F
-John
Old Nov 19, 2007, 4:11 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
John,

There is a chance that you'll get a kit for this year, since the year doesn't technically end until February 29th, 2008. Usually come December they don't bother to send out kits anymore.

Even if you don't get a kit though, you'll still at least enjoy the 50% bonus points for any rides that you do take between now and February.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL DM - AA 1.6MM UA 1.2MM - Recovering UA UGS and AA CK - Hilton LTD, Marriott LTP, SPG LTP
Did AGR send you the PDF file of your "new" Select Plus car? That should work until the official card arrives. No luggage tags, but it should get you into the Club...
Old Nov 27, 2007, 5:18 pm

There was actually a new sign about ClubAcela in the PHL club on Sunday. It stated that new members could bring in a print out of their status until there card comes. This is a new policy as I was turned away from the WAS club shortly after I earned status and brought a print out of my account page.

The sign also stated that club dragons can't check if you have status and thus if you don't have a card or print out you are SOL.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 9:10 am

^^^
I saw the same sign at PHL when I left for Thanksgiving on Weds, but it wasn't there on Tues. I wonder if it was from the "rush" of holiday travelers?
Old Dec 1, 2007, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Yep, got the pdf Select Plus "card" which expires 16 Jan 08. The funny thing is, whenever I do utilize D.C. or any of the other stations that have lounges, usually I'll have granted access anyways because I'm traveling in a status that allows access.

I really wish they would send the 2008 credentials, could utilize the coupons to procure some upcoming trips with.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by ojodeazul
^^^
I saw the same sign at PHL when I left for Thanksgiving on Weds, but it wasn't there on Tues. I wonder if it was from the "rush" of holiday travelers?
I asked Tad (PHL lounge attendant) how busy they were over the holiday and he said it wasn't too bad 'up here.' He couldn't say the same thing about 'down there.'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.