Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

5-12 Hour Coast Starlight Delays Finally Make the Press

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5-12 Hour Coast Starlight Delays Finally Make the Press

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2006, 4:26 am
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Originally Posted by iahphx
The problem, of course, is the logistics of dealing with a likely-delayed train that is already scheduled to get in very late at night (with a family, no less). Do you book a night in Seattle? (I usually use priceline, which would further complicate the matter). And it seems like the mostly likely result is arriving at 3 or 4 am, where NOTHING is a good option.
Do what I just did this past June and book LA to Portland, that way anything buy the most dramatic delays, will still see you arriving at your hotel before midnight.

Then if you really still want to see the Portland - Seattle segment, ride a Cascades' service Talgo the next morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.