Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Double/triple AGR points for partner activity July - Sept 2006

Old Jun 28, 06, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium

Register via link @ AGR webpage after signing in.

Amtrak Guest Rewards® has always been a good match for your travel needs. This summer, we're teaming up with our program partners to deliver even more. From July 1 through September 30, 2006, we'll match you up with either double or triple points. Register today, then choose your perfect match - Loews, Hertz, Cruise Locators, or any of the thirteen participating partners listed below.
Terms & Conditions: Registration and promotion period is July 1 - September 30, 2006. Points will post 4-6 weeks after the promotion ends.

Triple: 800 Flowers; RewardsMall; Loews Hotels; Hertz; Points for Moving; Teleflora.

Double: Starwood; Hilton; Omni; Zipcar; Earthlink; TripRewards

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Jun 29, 06 at 11:48 am
Old Jun 29, 06, 11:14 am

Programs: AA PRO 1MM, BA Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
The earthlink deal is looking pretty good to me now.. nearly enough points for Acela Express first class for two months of dial-up service at $21.95+tax per month? Sounds too good to be true.
Old Jun 30, 06, 8:09 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards
Cost

I signed up about 2 weeks ago and they are only charging me $9.95.
Old Jul 1, 06, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by kspeed55
I signed up about 2 weeks ago and they are only charging me $9.95.
did you give them the offer code from the amtrak website?
Old Jul 1, 06, 8:41 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards
Yes. She assured me that I would get the 5000 points if I keep the service for at least two months.
Old Jul 8, 06, 1:44 pm

Programs: NW-Silver, US, UL, IA, DL, Marriott & *wood-Gold, HH-Diamond, PC- Plat. Hyatt Diamond
Yes. She assured me that I would get the 5000 points if I keep the service for at least two months.
Actualy, the Earthlink account is worth 10,000 points if you register for the double point bonus first and joined after 7/1. This equates to 20,000 HH points upon transfer. Not bad for $44.00 (two months service per the T&C)
Old Jul 8, 06, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
My assumption is

that the bonus points are based upon the date of AGR posting not the transaction date with the partner.
Old Jul 8, 06, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's hard to say with AGR about what date they will use for the bonus points determination. In practice, PointsScrounger is probably right about the posting date triggering the bonus in AGR's system. However, if the points don't post and AGR asks for proof of sign-up, etc., I can see AGR denying the claim. That's why I signed up on July 1--clearly within the promotion either way. I should definitely have the Earthlink points by the end of September (hopefully sometime in August, as I'll pay my second invoice on August 1).

I signed up using the AGR promotion code online at Earthlink's website. When I entered the promotion code, the price changed from $9.95 to $21.95, but "5,000 Amtrak Guestrewards points after 2 invoices" appeared. It may be that a phone rep can push both promos through, but I like the fact that I have written confirmation of points qualification that I can use should my points not be awarded as promised. (I'm still waiting for AGR to post the 500 bonus points from the spring points transfer promotion. This despite numerous phone calls. Arrgh.)
Old Jul 8, 06, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by jkm024
The earthlink deal is looking pretty good to me now.. nearly enough points for Acela Express first class for two months of dial-up service at $21.95+tax per month? Sounds too good to be true.
I did this offer back in January and cancelled. Does AGR ever let people do the same offers twice? For 10,000 points I would love to do this again.
Old Jul 9, 06, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
I did this offer back in January and cancelled. Does AGR ever let people do the same offers twice? For 10,000 points I would love to do this again.
Earthlink stated in an email that one promo code per account only. Seems that you could sign up for a different Earthlink service besides dial-up if it has a different promo code.
Old Jul 10, 06, 4:24 pm

Location: Baltimore, MD (primary), Culpeper, VA, Washington, DC
Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards Select Plus, Rapid Rewards, SkyMiles, AAdvantage
Here's a question I can't seem to get answered by AGR or Hilton:

The promo states that you receive double points for Hilton Honors stays, and in the details, it specifies the following:

Earn 1,000 points with every stay at Hilton family hotels (200 points per stay at Hampton, Homewood, and Scandic hotels).
Those of you who are HHonors members may recall that as part of your HHonors profile, you can specify that instead of the blanket 500 miles/points per stay for the airline/Amtrak, you can instead request to receive 1 mile/point per dollar spent.

So, my question is how does the latter plan fit in with the double points promotion? My hope is that they'll just double whatever points you receive, and they provide the "1,000 point" scenario as an example of what most folks will get. Worst case scenario is that regardless of how many dollars you spend, while this promo is active, they'll curb the maximum points per stay to just 1,000.

Any thoughts?

-Rafi
Old Jul 10, 06, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rafster
Here's a question I can't seem to get answered by AGR or Hilton:

The promo states that you receive double points for Hilton Honors stays, and in the details, it specifies the following:

Those of you who are HHonors members may recall that as part of your HHonors profile, you can specify that instead of the blanket 500 miles/points per stay for the airline/Amtrak, you can instead request to receive 1 mile/point per dollar spent.

So, my question is how does the latter plan fit in with the double points promotion? My hope is that they'll just double whatever points you receive, and they provide the "1,000 point" scenario as an example of what most folks will get. Worst case scenario is that regardless of how many dollars you spend, while this promo is active, they'll curb the maximum points per stay to just 1,000.

Any thoughts?

-Rafi
That scenario occured to me as well. I would be 99% certain that the promo software will double all Hilton posted points (7/1 - 9/30), whatever the amount, rather than [convolutedly] "matching" each line item as a flat 500/100.
Old Jul 13, 06, 8:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
I wonder what happens if you transfer SPG points into Amtrak.... right now 1:1, but if doubled, 1:2 starts to sound pretty good... especially to move them over to CO (subject to the 10K limit, however!)
Old Jul 13, 06, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think that's the intention of the promotion (they had a separate, less generous, points transfer promotion in the spring), but it's hard to know what would actually post. If the transferred points transfer in the same way as the stay points, then doubling might happen. If they transfer with a different code, then probably not.

If you try it, let us know!

By the way, the calendar year limit for transfers from Amtrak to Continental, Midwest, or Hilton is 25K for standard members and 50K for Select members.

Originally Posted by mizzou miles
I wonder what happens if you transfer SPG points into Amtrak.... right now 1:1, but if doubled, 1:2 starts to sound pretty good... especially to move them over to CO (subject to the 10K limit, however!)
Old Jul 21, 06, 12:20 am
Suspended

No 10'000 Amtrak points for the EarthLink offer !

5000 points will arrive between six and eight weeks after the second billing cycle.

--> Sign up on July 21. Earliest possible bill on Sept 21. Miles on Amtrak on end of October.

--> Hence no double miles with Amtrak because promotion lasts until the end of September.

Am I wrong, please correct me.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: