Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 Amtrak Promotions and Discounts

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2005, 5:45 pm
SWG

Originally Posted by edta450
AFAIK, V626 works on ALL fare. Regional usually has two fare structure(cheaper one for period you very mentioned and more expensive one for 'peak' - weekend etc.) and that restriction is for the fare you bought, not for V626.
Tried to use V626 on a QuickTrak machine to get a discount on a NYP-PHL regional this week. Did not work. Perhaps they have plugged that loophole (i.e. letting you use V626 for non-Rhode Island fares from a QuickTrak machine). Anyone have any luck with it very recently?
Old Oct 6, 2005, 8:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by SWG
Tried to use V626 on a QuickTrak machine to get a discount on a NYP-PHL regional this week. Did not work. Perhaps they have plugged that loophole (i.e. letting you use V626 for non-Rhode Island fares from a QuickTrak machine). Anyone have any luck with it very recently?
Didn't V626 expire on 30SEP?
Old Oct 7, 2005, 8:30 am

Must have ... because I used it on the 30th i belive and it worked fine.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gloabal_navigator
I thought I would contribiute since I just saved 10% thanks to this forum

I just tried V626 online and it didn't work but I did get V166 to work which provided 10% off on a trip from NYP to WAS ^
Thanks for the code - it doesn't have a 3-day advance purchase requirement so I was able to use it for this weekend's travel.

It's a promotional code for trains to Chicago. Funny that it works on tickets into NYP.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 1:36 pm
SWG

Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Didn't V626 expire on 30SEP?
You're right, it did! And I though Amtrak actually fixed a mistake.
Old Oct 9, 2005, 10:29 pm

Do I have to be a Midwest miles member to redeem V648? In the code description, it says 'Free companion on certain routes for MidWest Miles members'.

Thank you for your reply!

V648 is actually valid on all trains that serve Chicago, except for the Hoosier State.

Amtrak is now offering a 15% discount for International Student Identity Card (ISIC) holders through 31 December. From 1 January 2006 on, the discount will be 10%.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 8:36 am

Programs: Peon in all
Originally Posted by sinuo
Do I have to be a Midwest miles member to redeem V648? In the code description, it says 'Free companion on certain routes for MidWest Miles members'.
I just tried a "fake" booking using V648. At no point did I see a place to put in your number, so if you have the tickets mailed to you, I would say "no you don't". If you pick them up at the counter, you may be asked, but I'm not certain. Once on the train, you may be asked for ID (to prove who you are), but I do not think that you'll be asked for your Midwest Miles ID. (I've never been asked for my AAA ID, except when I picked up tickets at the counter!)
Old Oct 10, 2005, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Nope! To avoid the remote chance of being questioned by a ticket agent, get your tix from a QuikTrak machine.

I'm looking at my V648 tix right now. All they say in Endorsements/Restrictions are "ONE-WAY SPECIAL FARE - - NO STOPOVERS

DISCOUNT/RFND FEE MAY APPLY,NO RFND AFTER 1ST TVL/BLKOUTS APLY

VALID PHOTO ID REQUIRED/COMPN"

(All tix these days say "VALID PHOTO ID REQUIRED" and the paid tix on V648 don't say "/COMPN")
Old Oct 11, 2005, 10:46 am

Thanks.

But we don't have QuikTrak machine here.

Can I pick up the tickets for both way on the day before travel? or I have to pick up the return ticket at the destination city?

Nope! To avoid the remote chance of being questioned by a ticket agent, get your tix from a QuikTrak machine.

I'm looking at my V648 tix right now. All they say in Endorsements/Restrictions are "ONE-WAY SPECIAL FARE - - NO STOPOVERS

DISCOUNT/RFND FEE MAY APPLY,NO RFND AFTER 1ST TVL/BLKOUTS APLY

VALID PHOTO ID REQUIRED/COMPN"

(All tix these days say "VALID PHOTO ID REQUIRED" and the paid tix on V648 don't say "/COMPN")
Old Oct 11, 2005, 11:40 am
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Thanks.

But we don't have QuikTrak machine here.

Can I pick up the tickets for both way on the day before travel? or I have to pick up the return ticket at the destination city?

You can pick up the tickets any time you like, once they are paid for. I've often picked up tickets months in advance, while other times getting them less than an hour before boarding.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 2:22 am

20% off, Northeast Corridor

V735
sale between September 1, 2005 and April 22, 2006;
for travel between October 5, 2005 and April 25, 2006
Old Oct 14, 2005, 7:43 am

Send a PM to the guy who moderates the discount thread!

Originally Posted by javabean
V735
sale between September 1, 2005 and April 22, 2006;
for travel between October 5, 2005 and April 25, 2006
Old Oct 14, 2005, 8:15 am

Programs: Peon in all
Or post this discount code on the sticky on the top of this forum.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K
The discount does not appear to be valid on Sundays. It's a pity, because Sunday fares between NYP and WAS are nearly double the fares on Saturdays. It also cannot be combined with the AAA discount (no surprise).
Old Oct 14, 2005, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA, B6, CO, DL, FL, UA, US Gold (only took 10k miles), WN, Amtrak
Originally Posted by chrisw
The discount does not appear to be valid on Sundays. It's a pity, because Sunday fares between NYP and WAS are nearly double the fares on Saturdays. It also cannot be combined with the AAA discount (no surprise).
Nor on Friday evening trains.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.