Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AGR Finally Closing Loopholes...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2005, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Question AGR Finally Closing Loopholes...

You always know that loopholes won't last forever, but it is still sad to see them go. I used an upgrade on my latest Metroliner trip and when the points posted the other day, I received business class credit, not first class credit. This is the first time this has ever happened. Perhaps, it could be a one time deal, but I suspect they've finally caught on to this and are now implementing a block on the upgraded portion. Anyone else notice this?

Cheers.

Last edited by Cohiba; Jul 20, 2005 at 10:19 pm
Old Jul 11, 2005, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Cohiba
You always know that loopholes won't last forever, but it is still sad to see them go. I used an upgrade on my latest Metroliner trip and when the points posted the other day, I received business class credit, not first class credit. This is the first time this has ever happened. Perhaps, it could be a one time deal, but I suspect they've finally caught on to this and are now implementing a block on the upgraded portion. Anyone else notice this?

Cheers,
Chris

Please let us know what happens on your next upgraded trip.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 6:59 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors
Here's another loophole that looks like it's been closed...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375727
Old Jul 24, 2005, 12:34 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Originally Posted by Cohiba

Cheers.
Cohiba,

I'm not so sure that the loophole has been closed. I think that you got caught with a bug that Amtrak seems to have currently with all first class travel on the Corridor.

I took a RT spin NYP to BOS on July 9/10th to garner the extra points from the double point promo, plus a double point offer from HH. I paid for First Class Metroliner service and rode in First Class both ways, yet I only received 500 points for each leg.

I just called AGR this past Friday and was told that they are aware of the problem, but they are waiting for an answer from Amtrak and have no further info at this time. They can't fix the mistake at this time, until they hear from Amtrak.
Old Jul 31, 2005, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlanB
Cohiba,

I'm not so sure that the loophole has been closed. I think that you got caught with a bug that Amtrak seems to have currently with all first class travel on the Corridor.

I took a RT spin NYP to BOS on July 9/10th to garner the extra points from the double point promo, plus a double point offer from HH. I paid for First Class Metroliner service and rode in First Class both ways, yet I only received 500 points for each leg.

I just called AGR this past Friday and was told that they are aware of the problem, but they are waiting for an answer from Amtrak and have no further info at this time. They can't fix the mistake at this time, until they hear from Amtrak.
Makes sense. Thanks for the insight. There seem to have been more difficulties recently with getting points to post properly. Honestly, I don't even feel like chasing after the points.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.