Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Select Plus --- Free CO Presidents Club Access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Select Plus --- Free CO Presidents Club Access

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2005, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Arrow Select Plus --- Free CO Presidents Club Access

Received my monthly AGR e-update today and this was the first item under additional offers and news:

"Select Plus benefits just got better! Now, Select Plus members can gain complimentary access to Continental Airlines Presidents Clubs by showing their Amtrak Guest Rewards Select Plus member card. Make your travel more enjoyable — enjoy the personalized service and a relaxing oasis in 27 private clubrooms."

Makes no mention of same day travel being required. Also no mention whether the same rules for guests apply. I wonder how recognised this benefit will be by Presidents Club staff. Written documentation may be wise to bring along for those who intend to use this benefit. I didn't find any mention so far on the CO website.

Cheers.

Last edited by Cohiba; Jul 21, 2005 at 8:37 pm
Old Apr 12, 2005, 7:49 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
That IS good news because I was just about to book a trip and was debating USAirways vs. Continental. That may seal the deal, although there's only a club in my departure city(EWR).

I was wondering when they would make this a benefit. CO President's Club members have always been able to use the Club Acela, but it required presenting the CO and Amtrak tickets.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by PHL
That IS good news because I was just about to book a trip and was debating USAirways vs. Continental. That may seal the deal, although there's only a club in my departure city(EWR).

I was wondering when they would make this a benefit. CO President's Club members have always been able to use the Club Acela, but it required presenting the CO and Amtrak tickets.

Anyone use this overseas? And had difficulty?

So far I've just used it domestically in EWR, DEN and LAX. Will try it overseas later this year.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 10:23 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Has anyone taken advantage of this benefit? I still can't find any mention of it in writing (then again, I have yet to receive my Select Plus packet). As Cohiba noted, some official documentation is in order.

I hope same-day travel isn't required. I never fly CO. This is an incredibly great benefit -- worth $375 a year to a CO non-elite! ^ ^ ^
Old Sep 4, 2005, 7:50 pm
rkm

Programs: AA GLD 1MM
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Has anyone taken advantage of this benefit?
A friend of mine recently had success with his Select+ card in the Atlanta Presidents Club, while flying on a Delta ticket. He was denied entry with the card into a NW WorldClub in Detroit, a club that actual Presidents Club members can use.

Still unknown are whether (1) we need to be flying on a Skyteam airline that day to use the Presidents Club, and (2) how many guests can enter with us.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by rkm
Still unknown are whether (1) we need to be flying on a Skyteam airline that day to use the Presidents Club, and (2) how many guests can enter with us.
I called AGR today. They didn't know anything. I then called the President's Club line. Good news:

No, one does not need to have a CO or SkyTeam ticket to get in, just the AGR Select Plus card.

One guest is allowed per customer.

Not bad, I'd say! ^

I hope I receive my credentials in time for a trip next month in which I'll be stuck at LAX T6 for 3 hours. I got denied entry at the WAS ClubAcela the other day when I tried to present a printout of my account summary proving my status.

Last edited by GoAmtrak; Sep 6, 2005 at 4:51 pm Reason: syntax
Old Sep 6, 2005, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Very lame that they denied you access. If they are going to be slow about sending the cards out then the website should have a temporary card that you can printout.

Good news about the President's Club access. I never thought to call them instead of just asking AGR.

Cheers.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 1:27 pm

I used this great benefit twice over the weekend, at DEN and LAX. The matron at DEN said I was her first Amtrak customer! She was also kind enough to print out the admittance policy, so without further ado, here it is!
Old Oct 3, 2005, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
I used this great benefit twice over the weekend, at DEN and LAX. The matron at DEN said I was her first Amtrak customer! She was also kind enough to print out the admittance policy, so without further ado, here it is!
According to the CO printout you posted, one does not have to be AGR Select Plus to gain admission to the President's Club lounges; AGR Select is sufficient.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
According to the CO printout you posted, one does not have to be AGR Select Plus to gain admission to the President's Club lounges; AGR Select is sufficient.
I believe the spirit of the rule is that your card must have the ClubAcela endorsement. Before Select Plus, many high-end Select members had that endorsement. I'm quite sure that is no longer the case. Judging from the wording "CLUB ACELA GUEST REWARD SELECT OR SELECT PLUS" something probably got lost in translation with the rules.

But it's worth a shot for any Select members who want to see if it works.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K_MM, AA EX_PLT Hyatt/Hilton Dia, Mar Gold, IHG PLT, Amtrak S++, Hertz 5Star, Avis First
Smile

Just want to report that I was able to get into the Continental Airlines Presidents Club twice duirng the last week at the LAX Airport. I actually like it better than the United Airlines Red Carpet Club. It must be the free alcohol.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 6:47 pm

Location: Baltimore, MD (primary), Culpeper, VA, Washington, DC
Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards Select Plus, Rapid Rewards, SkyMiles, AAdvantage
No luck in Amsterdam

FWIW, the agents in Continental's lounge in Amsterdam looked at me as if lobsters were crawling out of my ears this past week when I flashed my AGR Select Plus card. Apparently the problem in Amsterdam's case is that Continental contracts KLM to staff their lounge (which is shared between KLM, Continental, and other airlines), and as such, Continental has not updated their "accepted customer profile" in the KLM lounge computer system. I tried showing the scanned page that was posted here, but they didn't buy it, unfortunately.

Would have been nice after the 8 hour transatlantic flight. Ah, well...

-Rafi
Old Oct 30, 2005, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by rafster
FWIW, the agents in Continental's lounge in Amsterdam looked at me as if lobsters were crawling out of my ears this past week when I flashed my AGR Select Plus card.
That is WEAK! You should call CO PC at 800-322-2640 to complain and implore them to fix this communication breakdown.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 5:30 am

Programs: WN A List, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Thumbs up

Just tried it this week and got in at PCs at DCA and IAH. In both cases, the attendant had never seen the card before (they have problems pronouncing "Acela" in Houston). The DCA person actually thanked me because she learned something new.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 8:10 pm

Programs: NW Gold; US Plat; UA Premier Exec, AirTran Elite, Amtrak Select; Marriott Rewards Platinum
Skyteam reciprocating lounge access - new AGR benefit

Are AGR Select + members now allowed access into Delta and Northwest lounges at any time??

-Toddr4fun

http://news.delta.com/article_displa...rticle_id=9987

Continental, Delta and Northwest Offer Club Members Expanded Access to Lounges Worldwide

HOUSTON/ATLANTA/ST. PAUL, MINN., Nov. 28, 2005 – SkyTeam® carriers Continental Airlines (NYSE: CAL), Delta Air Lines and Northwest Airlines (OTC: NWACQ:PK) today announced that club members of the three airlines will receive expanded access to airport lounges worldwide beginning Dec. 1, 2005.

Members of the airlines’ airport lounge programs - Continental’s Presidents Club®, Delta’s Crown Room Club® and Northwest’s WorldClubs® – will be able to enter any of the three airlines’ global facilities when flying any airline. Together, the three airlines offer members more than 90 lounges in the most popular business and leisure destinations in the United States and around the world, such as Frankfurt; Guam; London Gatwick; Mexico City; Santiago, Chile; and Tokyo, to name a few.

This new, expanded access removes all previous flight restrictions on which club members can visit when traveling. Admission to any of the lounges is valid for club members and up to two guests, or a spouse and children under 21 years of age.

Lounge access offers passengers a wide array of additional services and options including flight assistance, access to business amenities including conference rooms and work stations, and complimentary beverages and snacks.

For more information, please visit www.continental.com, www.delta.com or www.nwa.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.