Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post Amtrak Codes Here!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2004, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Amtrak generally doesn't have discount codes available as they usually black them out - AAA & the Senior Discounts would probably be your best best unless someone else has advice. Don't forget, you can cash 10K CO Miles into AGR & get 2 RT non-reserved tickets that don't have blackout dates if you have CO miles available.
Old Nov 9, 2004, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Don't forget, you can cash 10K CO Miles into AGR & get 2 RT non-reserved tickets that don't have blackout dates if you have CO miles available.
Beware that Amtrak recently made all weekend NEC trains *reserved* so the price for weekend travel on points has effectively doubled.

I got caught. I initiated a move just before the increase and now don't have enough for travel this weekend.
Old Nov 15, 2004, 11:55 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
This is a nasty surprise. Is it just during the holiday season?

Originally Posted by xyzzy
Beware that Amtrak recently made all weekend NEC trains *reserved* so the price for weekend travel on points has effectively doubled.

I got caught. I initiated a move just before the increase and now don't have enough for travel this weekend.
Old Nov 15, 2004, 6:50 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Originally Posted by yevlesh2
This is a nasty surprise. Is it just during the holiday season?
No, it is reportedly a permanent change. The weekend often sees trains way overbooked, with people standing in the isles like it's a commuter train. This is hardly convenient for a customer to stand for several hours, nor is it safe.

The trains have simply become too popular, which in the greater scheme of things is a good thing.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 8:23 pm

Amtrak Cascades -- Free Companion Fare from Seattle

Check out this link for discount code H454, which gives you 2-for-1 on Amtrak Cascades travel originating in Seattle. Expires 03/26/2005, blackout dates apply.

http://www.seattlesupersaver.com/SCV...ide/amtrak.htm
Old Nov 29, 2004, 3:58 pm

Red face I'm a new member--- HELP

I just found this site when I "Googled" 'Amtrak discount fares'.
I feel so stupid. I can't figure out how to start my own "thread" so I'm simply replying to the last thread with the hopes someone will tell me how to do it properly.
I wish to travel from Washington DC to New York Penn Station on December 23, return December 26. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a special discount available.
You may write me direct (if that's possible). My screen name is: DCLoganBear.
Many thanks.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 4:09 pm
In Memoriam

About the only discount that will work during that time period, would be a AAA card. During the holidays, Amtrak blocks out all other discounts. So unless someone at Amtrak made a mistake in programing the computer, it's unlikely that you'll find any discount codes for that time period.

Now if you have a AAA card, then you can get 10% off of most trains. The discount however does not work on most Acela Express trains.

Ps. To start a new topic, just click the "New Thread" button near the top of the page.

Last edited by AlanB; Nov 29, 2004 at 4:11 pm
Old Nov 30, 2004, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by AlanB
About the only discount that will work during that time period, would be a AAA card. During the holidays, Amtrak blocks out all other discounts. So unless someone at Amtrak made a mistake in programing the computer, it's unlikely that you'll find any discount codes for that time period.

Now if you have a AAA card, then you can get 10% off of most trains. The discount however does not work on most Acela Express trains.

Ps. To start a new topic, just click the "New Thread" button near the top of the page.

Alan, thanks so much for taking time to write. You are very helpful.
Old Dec 7, 2004, 3:10 pm

Does anyone have any suggestions for codes from la to seattle. I am looking for something on december 9th.
Thanks!
Old Dec 12, 2004, 9:50 pm

toronto -> vancouver

hi there,

myself and 2 friends are looking to travel from toronto to vancouver using viarail, departing on the 14th of april 2005..

is there any discount codes anyone is aware of for that trip?
thanks
Old Dec 13, 2004, 9:54 am
In Memoriam

CandaKng,

I'm not aware of any and since this is an Amtrak forum, none of the codes here will work on VIA Rail since that is a different system. Sorry.

VIA does run some promo's from time to time and they usually post them on their website, so keep checking.
Old Dec 20, 2004, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by ByeByeDelta
Double doh! All I have a Student Advantage card for is the 15% Amtrak discount! I just renewed at the beginning of July, too. I've got approximately 200 hundred ticket stubs in stacks on my desk. Anyone need a ticket number?
do you have anymore ticket stubs?
Old Dec 20, 2004, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by balladovie
do you have anymore ticket stubs?
Doesn't matter - this loophole's been closed...
Old Dec 20, 2004, 8:58 am

hi all, Are there any coupons for travel to Metropark, Nj from BWI/DC?

I need to travel on either december 24 or the 25th
Old Dec 20, 2004, 9:29 am
In Memoriam

The only discount that works during a holiday period is AAA and even that won't work if you're riding on either the Acela Express or a Metroliner on the 24th. All other codes/discounts are blacked out during the holidays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.