Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

How easy to redeem points for sleeper accommodations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2002, 9:44 am
Original Poster

I am trying to decide whether to get a Guest Rewards credit card to try to rack up points. Does anyone know how easy it is to use Guest Rewards points for sleeper accommodations (with regard to availability, etc)? I could not really get a straight answer from the Amtrak CSR on the phone. If I accumulate tens of thousands of points in my GR account, will I be able to use them, or will I find that they are not really useable because too few sleeper reservations are allocated for Guest Reward redemptions? (Finally, am I crazy to consider this at all, given Amtrak's constant threats to discontinue service?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.