Moynihan Train Hall [Master Thread]

Old Feb 5, 2021, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I paid my first visit to this beautiful new station today. I noticed in the waiting area that they have power and USB outlets all over. And WiFi.

At boarding time I made the short walk to the escalator down to the train and the first class car was right at the bottom. This was a southbound Acela.

I only had 5 minutes or so and did not try the lounge. I'd rather wait til they have the F&B all up and running anyways.

Last edited by stimpy; Feb 5, 2021 at 3:09 pm
Old Feb 6, 2021, 2:05 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by stimpy
I paid my first visit to this beautiful new station today. I noticed in the waiting area that they have power and USB outlets all over. And WiFi.

At boarding time I made the short walk to the escalator down to the train and the first class car was right at the bottom. This was a southbound Acela.

I only had 5 minutes or so and did not try the lounge. I'd rather wait til they have the F&B all up and running anyways.
The lounge is gorgeous & has really nice looking, well-appointed bar & dining area. There is also a balcony overlooking the main concourse that is wonderful.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was again back at Moynihan (24h trip) and even going north, the first class car stops right at the escalator/elevator up to the new hall. As it should.

I should also report that Uber drivers have no idea about this new station and neither does the Uber app. However you can enter in the app the Marriott Fairfield hotel on 33rd which is right across from the entrance.
Armani likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 9:51 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Executive, Hertz PC, National EE, IC Diamond Ambassador, ALL Gold, Hyatt Disc
Any updates on if they will hold bags at this location in the lounge? Have an upcoming trip with a layover of about three hours and was hoping to walk to pick up some food in the old section without carrying all the bags around.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't know about bags, but I'm wondering about food and drink in the lounge as NYC allows indoor dining as of yesterday.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 8:34 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I hear that food/beverage service will begin at the Moynihan Train Hall Metropolitan Lounge on Monday, March 15. For now, COVID-19 options will allow pre-packaged items.
  • Breakfast: Pastries, yougurt, trail mix, etc.
  • Afternoon/evening: Salads, sandwiches, snacks (chips, popcorn, pretzels).
  • Beverages: Coffee service (including cold brew and nitro brew) from "La Columbe," bottled drinks from "Boylon," water from "Saratoga."
  • Liquor will come later as the liquor license application is still in process.
  • Aramark is the contracted lounge food/beverage service contractor.
musicalbox likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wxguy
I hear that food/beverage service will begin at the Moynihan Train Hall Metropolitan Lounge on Monday, March 15. For now, COVID-19 options will allow pre-packaged items.
  • Beverages: Coffee service (including cold brew and nitro brew) from "La Columbe," bottled drinks from "Boylon," water from "Saratoga."
Thanks for the update. I'll hold on to my lounge passes for now and hope the liquor license is acquired soon. I've passed through the station a few times recently, but always showing up minutes before Acela boarding. Like the great train stations of Europe, as impressive as these places are they are, they eventually end up being just large halls you rush through to catch your train. It is only occasionally I have a free hour or two to enjoy these places.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by wxguy
I posted pics and a report in the first class meals thread - I was there today (3/19) and no evidence of any food. drink or any signs that it was forthcoming in the lounge.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 9:55 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
I posted pics and a report in the first class meals thread - I was there today (3/19) and no evidence of any food. drink or any signs that it was forthcoming in the lounge.
Disappointing it has been delayed! I'll be there next week and will ask.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 8:50 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
I was there this past Sunday and NADA on refreshments. The person at the front was not much of help in getting details of plans. I did see some lockers right at the entrance to the lounge. I did not ask because I think I would be wasting my time asking him another question. Yes lounge was very nice and the view from the balcony is also. But not even having bottle water available is unacceptable. The only food place that is open in this hall right now is the Starbuck across the way from the lounge. Here are some pics I took:

You can see the lounge balcony on the second floor (next to the 11/12 post)

from the Lounge balcony.

Inside - very nice

This is the lower level under MSG where there used to be many store fronts - now all boarded up. SAD.
River in Sight likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
On my last trip, I walked the half block to Pizza Suprema and grabbed a couple of slices to bring back to the station with me. It was far better than anything you ever have been or will be served in the Amtrak lounge (and probably anywhere else in Penn Station). https://goo.gl/maps/Jcivxg2CgetYmeGY7
hi55us and Longboater like this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 9:14 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
It would be nice if they had bottles of water/soda around. I don't think there was even a water dispenser. I did see one on the train
Old Mar 24, 2021, 11:25 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards Select, Maika'i Card
Access to Fairfield Inn and Suites

Is there a door and crosswalk by any chance from the new Amtrak section of the Farley Building to get to the Fairfield Inn and Suites?
Old Mar 24, 2021, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Maglev
Is there a door and crosswalk by any chance from the new Amtrak section of the Farley Building to get to the Fairfield Inn and Suites?
There is an exit to 8th Avenue on the 33rd St side of the building. Go out, turn left, cross 33rd St at the intersection, turn left on 33rd St, and walk to the hotel.

There may also be a side door facing 33rd St, but I dont think its for public access. I may be wrong. There wouldnt be a crosswalk there to the hotel, but that wouldnt keep most of us from crossing mid-block, especially as that block of 33rd St doesnt have a ton of vehicular traffic since the block of 33rd between 7th and 8th is blocked off.
Maglev likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Blumie
There is an exit to 8th Avenue on the 33rd St side of the building. Go out, turn left, cross 33rd St at the intersection, turn left on 33rd St, and walk to the hotel.

There may also be a side door facing 33rd St, but I don’t think it’s for public access. I may be wrong. There wouldn’t be a crosswalk there to the hotel, but that wouldn’t keep most of us from crossing mid-block, especially as that block of 33rd St doesn’t have a ton of vehicular traffic since the block of 33rd between 7th and 8th is blocked off.
There actually is a side door, or many doors, facing the Fairfield. So just walk out the 33rd street exit. I did kind of report this if you scroll up to post 78.
Maglev likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.