Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amtrak Tier Status Extension?[Confirmed for 2021]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2020, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist

Seems like virtually every airline and hotel has announced an extension to tier status for 2021, in most cases extending your status that was earned in 2019. Has anyone heard anything from Amtrak? I remember a vague email from a while back that they were "looking at it" but never saw anything firm.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 8:28 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, Hilton Honors
No mention of Tier Status
https://www.amtrak.com/guestrewards/...pdates_hpcard2
Old Apr 27, 2020, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
It'd be crazy for them to not extend status, which is also why I anticipate they will not extend status (I rate the odds at over 50%)
Old Apr 27, 2020, 7:16 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
I'm thinking they will lower the qualification requirements by 40-50% rather than giving us a "free" extension.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 8:18 am

Programs: AA Gold; US Air Silver; Amtrak Select Plus; Starwood Platinum; UA 1K; Aeroflot Bonus
Status extended

I just received this in an email from Amtrak:

Tier Status – Your Select Plus status will be extended for an additional year, through February 28, 2022. We know that tier status is important to you and have made this update so that you don't need to worry about losing your benefits. No action is needed from you—your status will be automatically extended.
octr202 and FrensicPic like this.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Yup, I just got the same message. Good news, as it doesn't look like I would be re-qualifying for SE organically given disruption.

They are sticking with the 9/25/2020 extension for coupon expiration, at least for now. Kind of hoping they push that back unless travel starts getting unstuck quickly.
octr202 likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 9:12 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
So glad to be wrong. Thanks Amtrak! I was only 1/3rd of the way there to getting S+ again and knew there was no shot to getting it this year
Old Apr 30, 2020, 10:58 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Ditto. Good to be wrong this time. Kudos to AGR for extending.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 11:13 am
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
This makes a lot of sense glad to see Amtrak made the announcement.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 2:27 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Now let's see if they follow the airlines in reducing the 2020 TQP thresholds for making new status for 2021!
Old Jul 26, 2020, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
They are sticking with the 9/25/2020 extension for coupon expiration, at least for now. Kind of hoping they push that back unless travel starts getting unstuck quickly.
I just got an email "reminding" me to use my free trip coupons, and I note that the deadline was extended to 11/25. Which I guess is nice, but I think I will still struggle to use them by then - there's really nowhere to go. Would love to see them extend through summer 2021.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.