Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A few questions on ticketing

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2020, 8:38 am
Original Poster

A few questions on ticketing

I'm considering buying a Newark-DC ticket on NE regional as a backup since I will be connecting in EWR from an international flight in March and realize IRROPs are a real possibility on my routing. I want a refundable ticket that I can cancel if all goes according to plan with my flight.

I noticed that the business class tickets currently price out at significantly less than a flexible coach fare. Do I understand correctly that they have all the flexibility of the flexible coach fare, meaning there's no reason not to get them instead of a flexible coach ticket?

Also, if I get a ticket going south from Newark Penn station, can I use it to board one stop further down at the airport station, or will I be considered a "no show" when I don't board at Penn station and have the ticket cancelled?
Old Feb 6, 2020, 9:09 am

Yes if biz class is cheaper than flex then get the biz class ticket. It's fully refundable.
If you're getting on at EWR don't get a ticket for Newark Penn Station. A ticket from EWR includes a fee for the EWR AirTrain that takes you from the terminal to the train station. If you don't have an EWR ticket you will get held up at the AirTrain station.

Last edited by danib62; Feb 6, 2020 at 9:23 am
Old Feb 6, 2020, 10:20 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by danib62
Yes if biz class is cheaper than flex then get the biz class ticket. It's fully refundable.
If you're getting on at EWR don't get a ticket for Newark Penn Station. A ticket from EWR includes a fee for the EWR AirTrain that takes you from the terminal to the train station. If you don't have an EWR ticket you will get held up at the AirTrain station.
Just a word of caution that this is only true on the NER. Business fares on the Acela are not always fully refundable any longer.

Also, be sure that you cancel prior to departure or no refund. Could be a problem if you are delayed while airborne.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.