Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skis on the NE Regional

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2019, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Slvr, DL Slvr, AA plt, HH LTD, MR tit/LTP at least two of those buy 10 get 1 free coffee cards
Skis on the NE Regional

The only thread I could find here on the subject is from 2008. Google brings up a slightly more recent Amtrak blog from 2014 saying that skis are accepted as carry-on luggage.

Any recent experience bringing skis on the NE Regional trains? Going PHL-BOS in early January for a 10 day ski trip around the NE, and would rather not have to rent skis.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 7:51 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
As you can see from Amtrak's own baggage page.

https://www.amtrak.com/special-items

Snow skis, water skis, snowboards, poles, boots

Carry-On: Allowed - up to 50 lbs. and 72" in height
So I think you'll be fine as long as they are under 72 inches.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
As you can see from Amtrak's own baggage page.

https://www.amtrak.com/special-items

So I think you'll be fine as long as they are under 72 inches.
Practically speaking, you’d probably be ok even if longer than that, as I can’t imagine a conductor whipping out a tape measure to check. Certainly the 50lb limit in the same sentence is not enforced at all (unlike airlines).
Old Dec 8, 2019, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Slvr, DL Slvr, AA plt, HH LTD, MR tit/LTP at least two of those buy 10 get 1 free coffee cards
Thanks. I'm guessing i can just lay them down in the open space past the wheelchair seating area. Putting them in the overhead racks would interfere with other pax bags. I've taken skis on the Cascades before and just leaned them between the wall and the last seat in the car. The NE trains are obviously much older and laid out differently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.