Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NYP Club Acela - New Furniture

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2019, 3:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
NYP Club Acela - New Furniture

New furniture has appeared in the NYP Club Acela. The old cloth chairs are gone. Now it's a mix of faux-leather chairs arranged in pairs, and some high-top tables that have power outlets. But, the outlets are not connected to power sources, so while they look nice, they don't provide power!

It appears as though the overall capacity is about the same.
narvik likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 7:19 am

I’m sitting here right now and wondering if there are the same or fewer seats. This place is a tight enough fit at rush hour most days. it wouldn’t have cost much to demo that back wall where all the archaic pay phone banks are.

But hey, I won’t complain too much as they are doing something for us.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 7:21 am

Nice. I've been rather pleased by the small instances of CapEx spend I've seen from Amtrak - retrofitted seats on the cars, updated furniture, and have noticed a number of new electric carts at some stations. Gotta spend money to make money - I'll take any sign that they're thinking the right way.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by DailyGrind
I’m sitting here right now and wondering if there are the same or fewer seats. This place is a tight enough fit at rush hour most days. it wouldn’t have cost much to demo that back wall where all the archaic pay phone banks are.

But hey, I won’t complain too much as they are doing something for us.
Don't forget there will be a brand new facility in a couple of years...

https://www.6sqft.com/first-look-at-...an-train-hall/
Old Nov 1, 2019, 2:08 pm

No question. This is a recent touch though while we wait a couple of years.

Originally Posted by schriste
Don't forget there will be a brand new facility in a couple of years...

https://www.6sqft.com/first-look-at-...an-train-hall/
Old Nov 2, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
While I welcome new furniture, the capacity seems lower to me. Very crowded on a Saturday afternoon. The traffic flow around the new tables is also poor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.