Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

GUIDE to Viewliner Sleeper (Roomette, Bedroom etc.) Accommodations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GUIDE to Viewliner Sleeper (Roomette, Bedroom etc.) Accommodations

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2020, 2:01 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Executive, Hertz PC, National EE, IC Diamond Ambassador, ALL Gold, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by Maglev
I think all the recent videos I have seen on Facebook show a VII in the 12 position. If you are a member of Facebook, here is a video:

https://www.facebook.com/henri.skyler/videos/2853781448234285/

https://www.facebook.com/henri.skyler/videos/2853781448234285/
Thanks. Shows it isn't available or I don't have access to it. Might just be to a smaller group. Encouraging to actually have confirmed sightings though. I'll keep following up. Hope to see (and hopefully ride) them in person in February.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 4:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Maglev
The Viewliner II sleepers are now in service on the Silver Meteor and Silver Star in the --12 position. The Roomettes do not have toilets, but there are two public toilets in the car.
Thanks. This is very helpful.

Does this mean that the Viewliner II is the 12th car on the train? I have a trip on the Silver Star coming up and would like to be in one of the new sleeping cars. I guess I can call Amtrak or change my room in the app to be in the 12th car?
Old Apr 11, 2021, 9:08 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards Select, Maika'i Card
Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler
Thanks. This is very helpful.

Does this mean that the Viewliner II is the 12th car on the train? I have a trip on the Silver Star coming up and would like to be in one of the new sleeping cars. I guess I can call Amtrak or change my room in the app to be in the 12th car?
The "--12" position is the third sleeping car. The sleepers are numbered starting with 10; the first two digits which I left out are the train number. I am not sure if you would ask an agent for the 12 car or the third car, but I am almost certain that some agents would have no idea what you're talking about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.