Changing a flexible ticket?

Old Sep 4, 19, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Changing a flexible ticket?

So my work travel has slowed down a lot, and it's been year since I took Amtrak. I just booked a flexible Acela ticket, largely because I'd like to take an earlier train if my meeting wraps up early. What's the process for making a change? Do I call? App? Walk up to the counter? Any fine print I should be aware of?
Thanks for your help. I'm surprisingly rusty.
Old Sep 4, 19, 1:58 pm

Any of those methods should work. App/website is probably easiest.
Old Sep 5, 19, 2:37 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
And BTW, Acela First Class (which is also fully flexible/refundable) is almost always only tens of dollars more than flexible business. Well worth the increment.
Old Sep 5, 19, 2:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Anything is better than the window as it is the refuge of others with intractable problems at NYP.
Old Sep 6, 19, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by physioprof View Post
And BTW, Acela First Class (which is also fully flexible/refundable) is almost always only tens of dollars more than flexible business. Well worth the increment.
Yep. I always book F; if I need to make a change it's just a simple cancellation and new ticket purchase, all online and with the refund going to the original method of payment.

The seat assignment alone justifies any cost premium!

Search this Thread