Anyone else receive an AGR bag tag?

Old Jul 10, 19, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT; Amtrak S+
Anyone else receive an AGR bag tag?

Received a personalized AGR bag tag in the mail earlier this week (tag includes my name, address, email--no mention of my status). Nice surprise!

Curious if anyone knows the criteria for distribution?
Old Jul 11, 19, 7:48 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by MM1886 View Post
Received a personalized AGR bag tag in the mail earlier this week (tag includes my name, address, email--no mention of my status). Nice surprise!

Curious if anyone knows the criteria for distribution?
I got one (S+ in NYC). Probably won't be using it, though. Not keen to have my name, address, and e-mail on display for the world. I guess one could affix it inside a bag.
Old Jul 11, 19, 10:03 am

When it arrived, I assumed it was a perk of being S+; the comments in this thread are consistent with that.

Originally Posted by vatraveler View Post
Not keen to have my name, address, and e-mail on display for the world. I guess one could affix it inside a bag.
Wouldn't any luggage tag have name, address, and possibly email or phone number? Are you commenting about the lack of a covering or fold? I share your concern but am unaware of a solution other than to hide the information, so I put it behind a Get Out of Hell Free card.
Old Jul 11, 19, 10:09 pm

Yeah, I'm S+ and got one. I thought it was my replacement membership card, which they say they mailed on 6/19 but has still not arrived. Very annoyed that it wasn't.

More on topic, I also won't be using it due to privacy issues.
Old Jul 12, 19, 8:46 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, Hilton Honors
No luggage tag here. Earlier this year I dropped from Select Plus to Select.
Old Jul 16, 19, 2:02 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Dropped from SE to S+, still got the personalized tag. And I, too, have still not received my AGR membership card, despite requesting a replacement a couple weeks ago...
Old Jul 17, 19, 8:08 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium / LTG, Amtrak Select Executive
Got it as a SE. Love it as the last bag tag I got from Amtrak (a few years ago) was lost when I checked a bag on an international flight.
Old Jul 17, 19, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by uppereastsider View Post
[...] the last bag tag [...] was lost when I checked a bag on an international flight.
That happened to me, too. For a while, I had hopes that the airline would mail the tag back to me. I mean, it did have my address. But, no, apparently it's gone.

Search this Thread