Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Voluntarily sit in coach with biz ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2019, 9:07 am
_fx
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, DL Platinum

I have a business class ticket on Amtrak Cascades. After I bought my ticket, some friends decided to join me on my trip. They have coach tickets. I’d like to sit with them. Can I ask the conductor to be seated in coach, or will they force me sit in the biz car?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 14, 2019, 10:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Just take a coach seat. If the conductor mentions it, tell him you prefer to be in coach.

In the truly remote situation where coach is sold out and there are no seats, you can offer your J seat to someone in coach. Doubt anybody will whine. That will take the conductor's intervention so he can scan your ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.