Keystone & Pennsylvanian cabins

Old Apr 17, 19, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus
Keystone & Pennsylvanian cabins

Don't take Amtrak much. Can anyone tell me if the interiors of the Keystone & Pennsylvanian have been retrofitted with the newer gray leather seats like the NEC lines? Any difference in between the Keystone/Pennsylvanian trains besides schedules? Taking Newark to Lancaster, PA
Old Apr 17, 19, 1:45 pm

Keystone cars have the same interiors as the NE Regionals. No cafe cars and no business class though.
fmastr likes this.
Old Apr 18, 19, 11:05 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Amtrak Guest Rewards, Delta Skymiles, Marriott Gold, Nexus, SPG Gold
At this point all Amfleet I cars should be fully refurbed, nationwide.

To clarify what DailyGrind said, Keystones don't have Cafe cars or Business Class, though the Pennsylvanian has both.
Old Apr 24, 19, 10:47 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Pennsylvanian is generally a more pleasant ride as it is reserved seating for the full route so it doesn't get as swarmed at PHL. Not enough of a difference for me to not take the most convenient schedule though.
Old Nov 10, 19, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Keystone Question

Bumping this thread re Keystone service. I read on a review from several years ago that Keystone trains between NYP and PHL run with pax sitting facing backwards. Is this still the case?
Old Nov 11, 19, 2:44 am

Half sit forward and half sit backward. Seats are positioned both ways.
Originally Posted by thewhitezone View Post
Bumping this thread re Keystone service. I read on a review from several years ago that Keystone trains between NYP and PHL run with pax sitting facing backwards. Is this still the case?
Old Nov 11, 19, 4:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA Plat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by DailyGrind View Post
Half sit forward and half sit backward. Seats are positioned both ways.
To add to this, the train turns around in PHL, so if you were forward for NYP-PHL, you would be backward from PHL-HAR. And vice versa.

That said, enough people get off in PHL that there is always plenty of room to switch seats if you want to always be forward.

Last edited by Mr. BoH; Nov 13, 19 at 7:12 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: