Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

What could cause a ticket number change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:18 am
Original Poster

I have a friend who booked an Amtrak ticket in January. A couple days later, they received an email with a "Change Summary" and a ticket number. As far as we can tell, nothing actually changed--train numbers, departure times, and arrival times are all the same. Based on that, I'm not too worried, but I'm wondering if there is something harmless that usually causes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:22 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

No answer, but I have the same question. I received a new ticket (different ticket number), but the departure cities and times, arrival cities and times, train numbers, classes of service, passengers and statuses, and fare types were all unchanged. Three hours later, I received a second email with an "updated itinerary" for the second leg, all with the same information as the original. Any ideas?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
I have a friend who booked an Amtrak ticket in January. A couple days later, they received an email with a "Change Summary" and a ticket number. As far as we can tell, nothing actually changed--train numbers, departure times, and arrival times are all the same. Based on that, I'm not too worried, but I'm wondering if there is something harmless that usually causes this.
Was this a coach or sleeper space? A discussion in another forum has led me to the conclusion that an Amtrak ticket is for the specific space to be occupied (unlike airline where seat assignments are tied to a PNR rather than a ticket and the ticket is for A seat, not a specific seat) so a change in the space to be occupied results in the need for a new ticket.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BelmontRef
Was this a coach or sleeper space? A discussion in another forum has led me to the conclusion that an Amtrak ticket is for the specific space to be occupied (unlike airline where seat assignments are tied to a PNR rather than a ticket and the ticket is for A seat, not a specific seat) so a change in the space to be occupied results in the need for a new ticket.
Coach. Interesting theory, but doesn't seem to apply to this case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.