Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Questions about Newark Airport Station

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Greetings. For the first time I'll be arriving in Newark and continuing by train from the Newark Airport Amtrak station. Apologies in advance for these rookie questions.

1. I am scheduled to arrive at 5:30 pm into Terminal A (all luggage is carry on). My train departs at 6:47 pm. Is that a risky connection?

2. Does the Newark Airport Amtrak station have any amenities (food or WiFi available for example)?

3. I am traveling to Philadelphia - is that train likely to have food on board for sale (travel time is 65 minutes).

4. How good do you think the WiFi will be on the train?

Many thanks.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 9:02 pm

Programs: AGR
1. OK connection
2. No
3. Amtrak cafe car
4. OK
Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Unless it closed, there used to be a limited service Dunkin’ Donuts at the rail station which had a few food choices. Otherwise I agree with what is above, the WiFi ranges from useless to sort of OK. I always use my own hotspot.

this will give you an idea of what is for sale in the onboard cafe car: https://www.amtrak.com/content/dam/p...enu-061318.pdf

Last edited by River in Sight; Nov 27, 2018 at 8:00 am
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Very helpful. Thank you!
Old Nov 28, 2018, 11:06 am

There's a food court in terminal A outside of security before you board the airtrain. If you have hand luggage only and are on-time, it's another option to pick up something to go before the train.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.