AGR MC 3x earn on all spend through EOY '18

Old Nov 7, 18, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Amtrak & OAL peon, Blingy metal at most hotels, Colbert Platinum, Walk & Transit Scores 96
Thumbs up AGR MC 3x earn on all spend through EOY '18

CARDHOLDER EXCLUSIVE HOLIDAY OFFER
NOVEMBER 5 – DECEMBER 31

Make every purchase count for more this holiday season when you shop with your Amtrak Guest Rewards® Mastercard®. Start shopping today and you'll earn 3 points per $1 spent on every purchase. No action is needed, your card is already activated for this offer.
This appears to be uncapped and potentially quite lucrative. Doctor of Credit initially said it was targeted, but seems open to all based on the AGR link.

Also I was hoping there'd be a new 30K signup offer for the World MC, but perhaps BoA's already hit their enrollment targets for the year?
Sicariis and copyright1997 like this.
Old Nov 7, 18, 2:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Yeah this is gonna get hit hard. Also remeber some of Amtrak's lucrative transfer partners like Choice hotels which transfer 1:3 and Hilton which transfers 1:2.
Old Nov 12, 18, 3:47 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
NB that this places the cash cost of purchased points squarely below the value of them on a regular Amtrak redemption: The redemption value (with the credit card rebate) is about 3.05 cents/point while the purchase cost is sitting at 2.67 cents/point. This doesn't take into account opportunity costs down the line, mind you.

The impact on some other transactions (e.g. purchasing Alaska miles) is also significant...a purchase of 90,000 miles (60,000 "purchased" and 30,000 "bonus") kicks out about 5,000 AGR points alongside, probably putting such a transaction into the black.
Old Nov 26, 18, 3:09 pm

Thank you!

I couldn't figure out how I had so many points on my Nov 16th statement until I found this thread. Thank you so much! I just recurring bills to this card. Thanks again!
GoAmtrak likes this.

Search this Thread