Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50% bonus @15K purchase

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2018, 2:37 am
Original Poster

50% bonus @15K purchase

I was offered a flash sale on Amtrak points. If I buy at least 15K points, I can get a 50% points bonus that would bring my net purchase cost down to 2.5 cpp. I would use this purchase to meet minimum spend on my Amtrak card, though it would process as points.com I think so no bonus points I guess. Do you think this is worth it? I would presumably use points on things like getting 4 upgrade certs for 10K points (to use on Acela from DC to Boston) or a sleeper upgrade using points from a companion fare coach California Zephyr train ride from Emeryville to Denver in the future, perhaps on the Adirondack or a NE Regional to Philly/NY.. Thoughts? It seems worth it to me. I have one more day to buy.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Some people who analyze more than I do think it is not a really good deal. See one-week points sale - Amtrak Guest Rewards - Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum and the following post, or better yet, the whole thread.

On the other hand, if you need to meet your minimum spend, that could tip the balance in your favor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.