Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Vermonter: Penn-Essex Jnct VT sold out every day?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2018, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any

I don't do a lot of Amtrak booking, but we're trying to book a ticket for our daughter from NYC up to Burlington, VT. However, every date I enter results in the following: Problem with Availability: At least one portion of your trip is unavailable. Revise your travel dates and times so we may search for other available options. [Error ID: 578S] SOLD OUT
It seems to be an issue with the NYC-Springfield, MA segment, as availability is fine from any point north of Springfield.

EDIT:Seems when you look by multicity the Vermonter from Penn-Springfield is available and then Springfield-EssexJnct, just not when you search one way from Penn-EssexJnct

Last edited by flyaxa; Oct 5, 2018 at 6:54 am
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
What dates?

Would be interesting if this relates to Anderson's pledge to kill all trains without PTC...
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
It was every day I tried, about a dozen, between October and May.
I think it was a temporary Amtrak glitch or cache problem on my end or something, because the route search now brings up availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.