Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Return Leg on Day Trip Ineligible for Points?

Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but I couldn't find anything from googling the 'net or searching this forum, and pretty new to AGR. Did a day trip on Acela for work the other week and noticed that the 2nd leg is showing as "not eligible" for AGR points. These were purchased as two one-ways. What gives? Many thanks!
Old Sep 20, 2018, 11:50 am

If you paid for the legs, they both should be eligible for points. Redeeming a promotional certificate or points would cause it to be ineligible.

If it was cash, I'd contact AGR customer service. It should be a fairly easy resolution.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:44 pm

I have done numerous day trips between Everett, WA and Vancouver, BC and back over the years, and never had a problem with getting the points for both the outbound and return. Do not see why the Acela should be any different.

Last edited by zephyr17; Sep 20, 2018 at 12:45 pm Reason: Add info
Old Sep 22, 2018, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Interesting, thanks. Yes, this was a standard cash fare booked through a corporate travel platform. I'll see who I can contact. The "missing points" feature won't even accept the details of my ticket.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 9:11 pm

I've had issues with our agency/Concur transmitting the AGR number I have stored in my profile over when booking. I just go through the missing points link on the AGR site after the trip.

If it was separate trips, that may be the same issue. If it was one record, not sure what happened.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ne52
I've had issues with our agency/Concur transmitting the AGR number I have stored in my profile over when booking. I just go through the missing points link on the AGR site after the trip.
Wasn't that; it was on my AGR profile that it was showing as not eligible, so the trip was definitely linked to my account in some regard.

I went ahead and gave them a call and the agent fixed it. She also signed me up for some promotions of which I was unaware, so that's nice.
ne52 and DoB840 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.