Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Traveling EWR-PHL, can I buy NYP-PHL instead?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2018, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Just curious. I noticed that EWR-PHL tickets are $49 in Saver. NYP-PHL (with stop at EWR) are $39 for the same train.

Has anyone ever tried purchasing NYP-PHL tickets and getting on at EWR? Would this present an issue when taking the AirTrain from the terminals to the EWR train station?
Old Jul 26, 2018, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think you will have to purchase a ticket for the Newark AirTrain ($5) since that is included in the price of the EWR-PHL ticket.

More info in the stickies in the NYC forum:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-york-city-465/
jackal and hi55us like this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
You cannot hidden city ticket around EWR, if that's what you're thinking about doing. EWR costs more because of the AirTrain fee. You will need a ticket to/from EWR to pass through the fare gates between the AirTrain and the station.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.