Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Coast Starlight #11 cancelled June 13th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2018, 12:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Advantage Gold, Rapid Rewards A list, Sky Miles Gold Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond

Just received the below email from Amtrak that the starlight is cancelled for the 13th. I’m assuming this has to do with the track work that has been going on but I haven’t called in to confirm. Definitely puts a wrinkle in my trip as I was planning to take 11 SEA-LAX and return on 14 the next day. Now I just have to figure out what the new plan is.

I have to say I find it ironic that they put “We’ll see you onboard” at the bottom of a cancellation notice as apparently they will not see me onboard.

Hope this doesn’t affect too many people but being summer I think trains are pretty full at the moment.

Dear ZGSCL

We wanted to let you know that train #11, the Coast Starlight, from Seattle, Washington - Train Station on Wednesday, June 13th, has been CANCELLED due to a service disruption. Unfortunately, we don't have other transportation available.

Give us a call at to speak with an Amtrak Agent about your travel options.

We're sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for being a valued Amtrak customer - we'll see you onboard.

The most up to date arrival and departure times are available on Amtrak.com, our free mobile apps or by calling 1-800-USA-RAIL(1-800-872-7245).

Old Jun 9, 2018, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Advantage Gold, Rapid Rewards A list, Sky Miles Gold Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
And just got notification that #14 was cancelled for the 15th as well.

Spoke to Amtrak they said they can't get north of Sacramento due to a tunnel collapse that has not been cleared yet.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
From Amtrak.com

Track Work Affects Coast Starlight Trains 11 & 14

Extended through June 11, 2018 On the dates shown above, track work being performed by Union Pacific Railroad will affect Coast Starlight service.

Monday, May 28 - Sunday, June 10

• Train 11 will terminate at Eugene.
    • Buses will operate between Eugene and Klamath Falls, stopping at Chemult.
    • Train 11 may be delayed between 30 and 60 minutes departing Klamath Falls.
  • Train 14 will terminate at Klamath Falls.
    • Buses will operate between Klamath Falls and Eugene, stopping at Chemult.
    • Connections to Train 28 at Portland will transfer via Bus 5528 at Eugene.
  • Train 14 may be delayed between 5 and 6 hours.

Monday, June 11

Train 14 will not depart Klamath Falls until 10:45 am.Train 14’s connection to Thruway Bus 8914 at Seattle is discontinued for the duration of this disruption with no alternate transportation provided. --------------
Bob H
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:17 am
Original Poster

When I called in they said they couldn’t go past Sacramento due to a tunnel collapse. Interesting the dates on the website haven’t matched what they said when I called in
Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, Hilton Honors
Posted today 6/12 by UP...
we anticipate the tunnel will continue to be out of service until June 23.
https://www.up.com/customers/announc...CN2018-17.html
Old Jun 15, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
From another message board ...
-----------
Amtrak service between the Pacific Northwest and California has been severed after the passenger railroad announced this week that it would no longer be busing Coast Starlight passengers around a collapsed Union Pacific tunnel in Oregon, the Tacoma (Wash.) News Tribune reports.For now, the Coast Starlight will only run between Seattle and Eugene, Ore. on the north end and Sacramento and Los Angeles on the south end.
-----------
Bob H
Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:47 pm

Service Restored Between Eugene and Chemult, Oregon

https://www.up.com/customers/announc...CN2018-19.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.