Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amtrak registration giving error but not saying what it is. Any Amtrak employees here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amtrak registration giving error but not saying what it is. Any Amtrak employees here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:08 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I'm trying to sign up for Amtrak's plan today. I want to book a train. Sadly, when I try to sign up I get the following error. "We were unable to process your request: Please correct the error(s) shown below and resubmit."
Sadly, it shows 0 errors below. It just doesn't let anyone sign up. This is likely causing them to miss millions in revenue and from what I hear, they need the money. I submitted a ticket for it, but given how terrible the website is, I'm guessing their web team will be equally as bad.

Anyone from Amtrak here who can look in to this? Websites shouldn't have these issues. It's not 2002
Old Mar 23, 2018, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
I do not work for them, and did recently sign up my wife and myself with no problems that I can remember. But it did go through.

I will say that often when filling out online forms, it is difficult to find the "correct the error" problems. Try again and look at every field on the form. Sometimes one gets missed and that will hold things up.

And, you can still book a ticket without enrolling. At to missing million$$ - not too sure about that.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:02 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Oh, I had the exact same issue, and it was immensely frustrating until I figured out what it was. Unfortunately I don’t remember what it was now - possibly certain characters not allowed in the password. Maybe a screenshot of the second page of the form would jog my memory? Sorry I couldn’t be more help here.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Sounds normal for Amtrak. At one point, just about every rate included the statement "other restrictions may apply". I tried calling to ask what those restrictions would be and no one was able to answer the question. So my guess is if they had a problem delivering then some unknown restriction (we don't want to) will be put in play. Never had an issue, but it's like the infamous "*" with no definition.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.