Day Room Near Boston South Station?

Old Feb 25, 18, 6:05 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: SPG/Marriott Lifetime Gold, Amtrak Guest Rewards, United Silver
Day Room Near Boston South Station?

In a couple of weeks, I'm going to be taking the overnight Northeast Regional to Boston (BOS), arriving early Saturday morning and leaving on the overnight that same Saturday back to Pennsylvania.

Is there a cheap place in the area to freshen up when I arrive? Ideally I'd like to take a shower, change, and be able to lie down for a bit. I've heard of "day rate" hotels, but I've only found one by Googling.

I have access to the Club Acela, so if I had to, I could brush my teeth, wash my face, and change in the (relatively clean) restroom. But if there is something affordable, I'd do it.
Old Feb 25, 18, 6:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Very few downtown properties advertise day rates any longer. It will be hit or miss based on room uptake at the time you call. Call properties directly (not toll-free and don't get yourself transferred to a reservations center). Provide the specific times for which you will need a room and your requirements. Saturday day time is low traffic for downtown, so you may get lucky.
Old Feb 25, 18, 8:31 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
You might want to try the Marriott Back Bay which is also served by the T.

Bob H
Old Feb 25, 18, 8:40 am

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
Saturday day time is low traffic for downtown, so you may get lucky.
People wanting to get lucky is the reason most hotels don't advertise a day rate.
jackal, paytonc and strickerj like this.
Old Feb 25, 18, 9:28 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: SPG/Marriott Lifetime Gold, Amtrak Guest Rewards, United Silver
Originally Posted by jerry305 View Post
People wanting to get lucky is the reason most hotels don't advertise a day rate.
Well played.
Old Feb 27, 18, 12:26 am

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
Try Hilton. Hilton will sell you a day rate via their website if the property allows it.
Old Feb 27, 18, 1:42 pm

There are some OTAs that specialize in day rate hotels. They work just like a normal booking site.
Old Feb 27, 18, 9:33 pm

There is a Club Quarters Hotel a couple blocks from South Station. It probably won't be cheap but they'll let you check in until 5-6am the following day.

In addition to the online sites that let you do hourly use, I'd look at one of the gyms and you can at least get a shower and changing with a day rate. Boston Sports Club has a couple locations near South Station and the Chinatown YMCA is about halfway between Back Bay and South Station

Search this Thread